Minecraft freezing???

• Level   1

Hey I just got this game not to long ago and Iv gotten really into it but then last night when I played offline everything was a bit staticky and the graphics where off. NOw when I go to play it it freezes one I go to play game (freezes my whole xbox) I have already tried the system cache thing and this is the second time as of now I am re downloading the game. Also When it re downloaded I got a fast update and nothing worked so I hope its not just my game. Waste of 1600 ms if It wont work. 

Can anyone help me please :) 

• Level   2

is your hard drive completely locked in to place? do you notice graphics lacking in other games? - can you make it to the point your loading your server? or do you freeze at the main menu...if you make it to where your loading your server i'd suggest starting a new one...other then that reinstall/re-patch is all i can think of atm

if  you shoot for the moon and miss you'll still land among the stars.

• Level   3

It could be a corrupt save. Have you tried starting a new game?

• Level   4

SteeperRose

Hey I just got this game not to long ago and Iv gotten really into it but then last night when I played offline everything was a bit staticky and the graphics where off. NOw when I go to play it it freezes one I go to play game (freezes my whole xbox) I have already tried the system cache thing and this is the second time as of now I am re downloading the game. Also When it re downloaded I got a fast update and nothing worked so I hope its not just my game. Waste of 1600 ms if It wont work. 

Can anyone help me please :) 

That sounds like a hardware issue to me.  Do the rest of your games work OK?

• Level   1

not

• Level   1

Sorry to say but you may have to delete your minecraft game saves and start over. If one save is corrupted  your console will freeze if you try to load games from the same location

• Level   3

^Did not know that.

• Level   4

True.  But from your description (staticky, graphics off) it sounded like a hardware problem.  Do try moving all your saved games elsewhere before starting, or choose a storage device without any MC saves.  If it works, then move back and try to load your save files one at a time, to see which one is causing the game to freeze at the loading menu.

• Level   1

Ok. My game will freeze after i have selected the map and am on the map for about a minute. It does this for every map i choose of mine. It just freezes the whole xbox up. It allows me to play in other people's worlds just fine but it will not let me play in my own for more than a minute without freezing the whole xbox. Help?