Seeds not the same between PC and XBOX?

• Level   3

Topic? I tried the PC demo and used my seed from the XBOX and the world was completely different.  Supposed to be that way?  And if so, no way to get the two to match?

"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them"-Me

• Level   3

Not tested, but I was told people were very close to figuring out the PC seed generator, so then they changed it.  Next they released XBox 360, with a 3rd different seed generator.  Unconfirmed rumors at this time.  Try the Mojang Twitter feed.

• Level   3

I don't do twitter/facebook.  Thanks for the comeback though.  I had thought the generators would have been the same.  Wanted to see what the creation mode was like in a world I knew where things were.

"Understanding women isn't about knowing what button to push, its knowing when not to push them"-Me

• Level   2

I just figured it was due to the largely more updated PC version, with the larger and added biomes, structures and such, the PC version just has more variables in the world generator to deal with, so it ends up completely different to the 360 equivelent

• Level   2

TG ZoBo

I just figured it was due to the largely more updated PC version, with the larger and added biomes, structures and such, the PC version just has more variables in the world generator to deal with, so it ends up completely different to the 360 equivelent

this is true...some seeds just arent configured yet till they become updated to that specific biome content etc.

if  you shoot for the moon and miss you'll still land among the stars.