Squid spawning question

• Level   2

so im trying to make an Aquarium since animals don't despawn anymore but squid are not spawning in the tanks.  I was wondering if i kill all animals that are spawned around me will squid spawn in the tanks or no hope? 

• Level   1

The spawning block has to be between level 46 and 62, so you may need to dig a tunnel of water down in the middle of the tank to get to the desired level.

• Level   2

ok so if i dig a water pit between those y lvls eventually they will spawn and then never despawn right? ty for the reply

• Level   1

No problem. I had the same issue when I built my giant fish bowl. Since you couldn't see the hole at the bottom I just left it..... but looks like you can close it once they are in the tank.

• Level   6

I've been noticing a TON of squid strangely enough since the recent update. An alarming amount to be exact lol. (btw I just noticed that your avatar looks EXACTLY like mine lol)

-PAN There is no mystery...only truth.
    • Level   1

Brothers from another mother?

• Level   6

LOL I just had to do a double take because I use those glasses as well and the same hair style.

-PAN There is no mystery...only truth.
    • Level   6

Squids are the derpiest MC mob. They will spawn in ridiculous places and just flail around all day.

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out.

• Level   2

yeah especially in town wells 2

Want to take the idiot test? Read the line below for instructions

Want to take the idiot test? Read the Line Above for instructions

• Level   2

hmm i made the aquarium in my city and well its by the ocean is there anyway to increase the chance of them spawning in the water pit or just keep expanding it and hope for some luck?