The christmas seed

• Level   1

Honestly, I've had the best luck finding slimes just making my own. I started a seed  "christmas" and it's freakin sweet so far. I don't have the coordinates, but I'm going to try and post them where I set up shop in one of the villages. After mining a step down path all the way to bedrock just a few blocks away from the house on the edge of the village, I mined out a large square room. This not only helps me to retrieve enough cobblestone for building a monster spawner above ground, but also if it's perfectly level and there are no blocks missing in the floor then I usually have slimes spawn every time I play. The trick to getting them to spawn is being within relative distance to the room. Since my house it at the top of the mine staircase, I'm always within a specific distance of the slime room (It's at least 60+ blocks down to bedrock/slime room).

A lot of times if I'm too far away and then run down the staircase there aren't any but if I'm down in one of the caves that branch off from the room, then I'll come back to a room full of them. I was freaked out one time when I was in my house above ground and I heard a slime, only to find a HUGE one had bounced his way all the way up my mine staircase to ground level and was jumping behind the door. I also keep the slime room very well lit up, probably about 200 torches in the 20x30ish block sized room.  I've also found a stronghold shortly into one of the cave systems branching from the slime room. In mining the slime room alone, I found over 17 diamonds, enough iron to make over 50 ingots, gold, and a TON of coal as well as redstone. Not really the most used strategy but if you want to find a lot of resources, sometimes just mining away a huge square area will yield a ton of stuff, more than just the little bit you find running through caves and what not. I'll post some pics of my setup later.

• Level   2

walloftext.jpg

• Level   1

This was meant to be under the good seeds thread, didn't realize it started a new thread on it's own.. FML.

• Level   2

I can't even figure out how to quote somebody... I know your feel.

• Level   1

Is there a giant ravine close to the spawn?  On the new update my Christmas seed I started after today's update does.  It's a pretty sweet world so far good mix of biomes

• Level   1

When I started the seed I believe I remember it spawning next to a big ravine, because I was trying to get some iron that was up close to the top. Hey, Mainus if you want you can shoot me a friend request, I'll let you join me if you'd like. It's boring just to build myself, and I have a lot of resources already but would like help to build the town and other structures.

• Level   1

Thats cool I'll add ya, I could always use more people to play with.  My friends list is pretty empty, mind you though I don't have a mic.