Pinball Arcade DLC Delayed Again...

• Level   1

I love when there is really only one game I am waiting to get more DLC for so I can play new tables and it keeps getting delayed. Oh well at least Transformers is out in about 6 weeks.

• Level   5

I tried to get into the Pinball Arcade,but couldnt....I love the Pinball FX thow.Its awsome.I just wish they would make more tables thats not based on only Comics ugh.....Iam not a big comic book fan.Batman at most.

But i understand what your saying.Nothing like waiting forever for a few more tables to be just delayed again and again.

• Level   2

I hear you on the Marvel License Jasper!  Zen Studios is working a a table based on a popular franchise from Pop Cap games.  They won't say but it could be Peggle, Plants vs. Zombies, Zuma, or maybe a combo of all their games.

@OP, what's your source for the delay, I've been tracking FarSight fairly close and they haven't posted anything on the forums or Facebook page about further delays other than waiting for Microsoft to give them release approval.

• Level   1

This is my latest update from my News Thread on pinballarcadefans.com.

UPDATE Unfortunately, Xbox 360 users WILL NOT see any DLC this week or possibly anytime soon. FarSight just got word that Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug" - if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart - it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. FarSight is going to try to argue their way out of it, but unless they succeed, they'll have to resubmit it once again.

I have already updated the release time frames for DLC Table Packs #1, #2, #3 and #4 for the Xbox 360 which now looks to be the end of August. I'll update the release time frames if anything changes in the meantime.

• Level   2

Gigacide wrote:

"I love when there is really only one game I am waiting to get more DLC for so I can play new tables and it keeps getting delayed. Oh well at least Transformers is out in about 6 weeks."

Well I don't.  I dealt with this enough in something called.....uh.....uh....Game Room!

• Level   1

Unbelievable... I have to put up with Skyrim crashes/glitches/freezes, and they reject TPA DLC for that?!! :(  It was bad enough for the 'delay' for the UK release of Pinball Hall of Fame, and the delay of the release of TPA.. but this is just excruciating :(

• Level   1

I will be letting my current Gold subscription run out and buying a PS3. It's that much of a deal-breaker with me. I just can't belive the lame-@@@ excuses Microshit gives to just down right hamper the progress of this game. They approve total *** games like: Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (an uncontrollable mess, download the demo and see for yourself), Star Wars Kinect ( another totally **** controlling game that played like a beta test) but Pinball Arcade gets DLC rejected because you can't remove a memory card while loading a table that was downloaded to that card?? Kiss my @@@, Microsoft. Sony will gladly take my money.

• Level   1

Well I am glad to see some reacts here. Would be nice to see something from Microsoft on this subject. But I am sure they are all too busy counting their millions. Sadly I have no interest in the PS3 as it has no games I really want but a Smartphone is an idea.

• Level   1

:( Don't remind me of Game Room it had so much awesome what happened :(

• Level   1

What in the bloody HELL is Microsoft trying to do here?  They wait until now to flag that bug?  SONS OF BUSHWHACKERS!!  Wake up and smell the fresh air.  Cut FarSight and us consumers some slack, Microsoft.  Okay?

• Level   1

yeah it'd be nice to get some new tables for sure...d.m.

• Level   1

UPDATE FarSight is currently in talks with Microsoft in hopes that they'll grant them permission to fix a memory card issue with the next update and approve the Title Update now instead of having to resubmit once again. Therefore, release time frames for DLC Table Packs #1, #2 and #3 for the Xbox 360 are TBD.

• Level   1

Does Microsoft think that consumers are so stupid as to not see what is actually behind these rejections?  Delaying the competition will NOT induce me to buy more of their tables.  If they want me to buy the new FX2 tables they need to release tables that interest me. Their current crop of tables simply don't.

I too will allow my LIVE GOLD subscription to expire and go out and buy a PS2  today!

For a "Software Based" company Microsoft sure has forgotten what a "killer app" is and what it means for continuing success.

• Level   1

Hi. My gamer tag is now gailschwartz09. . Delay. Is because there is a hiccup with a memory card or memory stick. U pull them out while saving( I don't know anyone  that does   It breaks the game. These delays have been going on for 4 months & counting. Problems &. Bugs bugs bugs. Don't know when Dlc will  get here. Soon we will be missing 8 tables.

• Level   2

Don't worry Giga, when I replied to your post, I could tell you were being sarcastic.  In fact, I can relate to what you've described all too well.  Only reasons I'm keeping my xbox now are I have good friends on here, plus the "region-free" Cave stuff.  BTW many thanks to Slyddogg for keeping us up to date on the info.