change home bases?

• Level   3

so supposedly all you need is the right amount of materials and amount of people, i have both of those but no matter what home location i go to i dont have the option to move there? is this just a glitch or am i doing something wrong? :/

• Level   4

Have you looked around in the other towns? I moved to a town pretty far away from your first base, and there's several areas there you can relocate to.

It has to be a fairly large house with a fairly large surrounding area, after all, you're gonna build several structures there.

To sum it up: if you don't get the option to move to a specific house, it's because it isn't suitable.

No må du pinadø skjerpe dæ, din kommelpong.

• Level   3

it is in another town/area, i tried the McReady Farmhouse at first, I need 8 people for that and 30 materials. I have 8 and 67 respectively, no option to move there. The Alamo requires 5 people and 20 materials, no option to move there either. Now I'm in the Savini Residence, 8 people 30 materials needed, still no option to move. They're clearly suitable or it wouldn't label them as a "Potential Home Sight"

• Level   4

That is very weird.

The only other explanation I can think of is that it might be too early in the game for you to move? Although, I don't think that really matters in this game. One of my party-members came with me to look for suitable homes, and a friend of his used to live in the Savini-residence, therefor he really wanted us to move there. And we did.

• Level   3

Well I guess I'll just wait around then, I don't think I'm really that early in the game because all the special zombies have shown up. Oh well, thanks anyway!

• Level   4

Yeah, but they do show up early. I got the achievement for killing one of every kind of specials within the first 5-7 hours of playtime.

• Level   5

You will not get the option to move into a new home base until you have completed a special mission tailored to relocating your home base.

Graffiti Artist Dre

• Level   2

^ya what that guy said.

• Level   4

I'm guessing that 'Savini Residence' is a nod to epic SFX makeup artist <a href="www.imdb.com/.../">Tom Savini</a>... so awesome!!!

"Stop! The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

• Level   4

yeah it is im sure I was JUST about to post a topic about that easter egg haha I felt that it wasn't getting the shine it deserved, being such an obvious nod to the great tom savini.

• Level   5

McReady farmhouse for a base is possibly based off John Carpenter's The Thing from the main character's name.

It's not enough for people to just live. They have to live for something.

• Level   4

yeah theres some ref. younger people wouldn't even catch and im  a 70s baby. :)