Iron Brigade (formerly Trenched) - official info

• Level   X
    Game Title: Iron Brigade (formerly Trenched)

Publisher: Microsoft Studios

Developer: Double Fine

Release Date: 6/22/2011

Price: 1200

Join The Mobile Trench Brigade and protect humanity from the evil Monovision menace in this Tower Defense Shooter from Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions.  Use a combination of mobile firepower and stationary defenses to turn the tide of war in our favor.  Customize your trench with thousands of possible loadouts.  March side by side with allies from around the world as you fight your way through Europe, Africa, and the Pacific.

Xbox.com Marketplace Link 
    • Level   8

Been looking for a Chromehounds replacement ever since they shut the servers down. will have to try demo beofre buying at 1200 though. (still can't wait for the game though Big Smile)

• Level   2

I'm on it  ..... like vomit !! Double fine has done fine by me with some great XBLA titles like "Costume Quest". Looks like a must buy so far ...

• Level   1

will it have local coop?

• Level   4

When is it ready for download in the UK???????

Or, dont tell me we aint getting it for some obscure reason???????????

• Level   4

Yep i was right we aint getting it!!!!

• Level   1

You aren't the only one :P I'm on the Netherlands marketplace and I cant find it. The same goes for other countries. Norway has it in the market but it still gives me an error if I try to buy it.

Seriously a game I was looking forward to getting on the day of release!! The "distribution problems" are BS. This is an online game! Give us a straight answer DoubleFine D: is it the European marketplace servers? Are we going to get the game? Why can't we buy it from the US marketplace?

• Level   4

Both Norway and Sweden have it apparently, very WEIRD??!!??!?!?!?

• Level   4

So one theory is doing the rounds that u r able to perform a Nazi salute while walking around the lobby if true we wont see it for a while i dont expect!!

• Level   1

Awesome Game, Doublefine!

• Level   1

The nazi salute rumor has been denied by a mod on the Double Fine forums:

Quote:This is false and actually quite silly. Any future comments suggesting this will be deleted.

But not even a hint at the real reason or how long it's going to take, this is starting to get silly.

• Level   3

I guess  the hand salute you get when wearing the red uniform could be construed as a Nazi salute if you really really tried, but the hand animation actually does wave at the end of it so in reality it's just a common waving of the hand.

Beagle Rancher

• Level   1

It could be close enough to a Nazi salute to make some people nervous. Having said that, it could also be a "mockery" of a Nazi salute perhaps. It doesn't bother me either way since it's only a game and does not promote any sort of Nazi agenda. :p

In fact, I get the impression that these guys (the game characters) aren't the Nazi types. In fact, the default character bears a very strong resemblance to the original G.I. Joe action figures that were popular in the 1970's. Probably why I like him.

Indiana Jones hates those guys (***) and that's good enough for me. Speaking of which, I never seen anyone get too bent about the Lego Indiana Jones games with their portrayal of *** as cute little toys that also saluted and performed "evil deeds" against other Lego characters and environments. :p

• Level   1

Man, Double Fine rocks my socks off!  After owning and playing this till wee hours of the morning I wanna try Costume Quest as well!

No mustard on my ham samwich, I want my bike!... No mustard on my bike! It's Trials time baby!
    • Level   4

This game is awesome but too short. Well I guess since it was only 15 bucks that justifies the length.

Zombies make everything better, just like bacon.