I NEED HELP!

• Level   1

Hey guys!

I have a few very important questions to ask about the indie game making world.

1) Where do I go to start? - I would love to begin to develop indie games for the Xbox 360 (not the windows phone) 

2) What programs do I require? - Are they free? -What scripting language do i need to know?

3) Any steps in between? - Do I need to register for something? - If I register will it cost me money? 

Anyway These are my questions that I need answering. Thanks guys!

-Imps

• Level   1

Hey guys!

I have a few very important questions to ask about the indie game making world.

1) Where do I go to start? - I would love to begin to develop indie games for the Xbox 360 (not the windows phone)

The App Hub.  http://create.msdn.com

2) What programs do I require? - Are they free? -What scripting language do i need to know?

Microsoft Visual C# using XNA Game Studio 4 library.  Visual C# Express is free.  XNA games are programmed in C#.

3) Any steps in between? - Do I need to register for something? - If I register will it cost me money?

If you want to submit your game to MS to premiere on the XBox or Windows phone, you must pay the $99/yr XNA Creators Club membership fee.  If you just want to tinker around with XNA, or just make games for the PC, then there is no fee.

Anyway These are my questions that I need answering. Thanks guys!

-Imps