This question is answered

XBOX Rewards: Not Getting My Points

• Level   2

I am writing you today for the last time on this issue. I have spent over 4,000 in the last couple months and received absolutely NO rewards from your XBOX Rewards system.  I have sent three emails, made numerous phone calls and have been run around in a ridiculous game of cat and mouse. This issue needs to be resolved. I would be more than happy to suggest to my PS3-playing friends to make the switch to XBOX if it weren't for the helpless feeling I have gotten from the so-called support staff who have not assisted this very loyal customer. I expect, if you take your jobs seriously at all, that I will receive quick and thorough response to this issue. If not, I WILL climb the ladder with much higher expectations and much lower opinions to be shared with your superiors. Thank you and I will be hearing from you soon--either way.

Verified Answer
    • Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Correct. :) Everything appears to be in good shape!

All Replies
    • Level   X

Hi! I can certainly understand the frustration, and apologize for that. Can you clarify what exact Rewards you are missing? Purchases on the Marketplace don't necessarily count towards the Rewards program, unless they fall into the categories of Rewards listed here: rewards.xbox.com/terms-and-conditions

• Level   2

I'm not geting any points for anything like purchases made or even staying gold

• Level   X

Okay, for purchases, Rewards does not actually give you points back on every purchase. They would have to fall within the guidelines of the Terms and Conditions, as linked to above. Staying Gold, did you actively renew recently?

• Level   2

i have a 12 month gold subscription, an i know i don't get points back for every purchase, ur not telling me anything i havent ben told ten tims allredy. I'm not geting points of any kind can u just look at my account an c if there is a problem with it an fix it if there is. thank u.

• Level   X

Thanks for the extra info - just to check, I need to know when approximately you were confirmed for Rewards. Then, I can email our team requesting more info. :)

• Level   2

I have ben a member sins Dec 24th 2010

• Level   X

Alright, thank you! I can definitely see that you spent some points in March and April, and that's good - you are entitled to 5% back on your purchases made on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace those months! Can you do me a huge favor and look on billing.microsoft.com? Log into your account, then select "Points." Under "Statement Period," select "May, 2011." Do you see any entries with the title "Points Added?" It would be around the middle of May. :) 

• Level   2

yes i c entries titled points added all through May

• Level   2

OK - I think I understand what you are trying to get at so I am going to try and make this perfectly clear.  I received 630 points in my account on May 12, 2011 from Microsoft rewards.  In order to get those points, I had to send 3 emails and call once before they were put in my account.  What I am trying to tell you is I have not received any points for May or June.  I know I should have received points based on how much I have spent in points and staying at the gold level and staying with Netflix.  I have been a member of Xbox rewards since Dec. 24, 2010.  I received points for March and April after all the phone calls and emails.  I did NOT receive any points for December, January, and February.  This is another 3 months that I am missing my rewards.  Bottom line, I am missing points for December 2010, January, February, May and June of 2011.  I have gotten screwed out of alot of rewards points and I would like something done about it.  Can you help me with this issue or not?Thank u ;)  

• Level   2

Hey mate, the way points work is that, once they reach at least 100, they are then deposited into your account. So if you were credited 630 points in May, that should have covered all the points earned until then, including those earned in December, January and February. Did you see those points held back as 'Pending,' or do you know of specific purchases you made that should have earned you more points? My question is the same for recent months: Are you seeing any points as pending, or can you list specific purchases for which you're not seeing Reward points as pending?

• Level   2

the only points i saw as pending were the points from april and march as i sead befor.the only points besides those are the ones from the serveys. I know how the point sistem works. and agen those points did not show up as pending untill i sent 2 emails and they didnt get put in to my account untill i sent another email so can i stop geting the runaround with this problem, so can someone look at my account an c if there is a problem and fix it.

• Level   X

As far as May and June - there was no "Stay Gold, receive x% back" offers. That offer was for March and April only, which it would appear you were credited for. :) Also, regarding the Netflix issue - the offer there is for a one time sign-up award. It only awards the first time you have ever signed up for Netflix, and it cannot be retroactive; meaning, if you have ever used Netflix on your account prior to joining Rewards, you would not qualify.

• Level   2

so u looked at my account an there is no problem with it

• Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Correct. :) Everything appears to be in good shape!

• Level   2

thank you for your help:) thats what i wanted to know