This question is answered

Changing Netflix Accounts (Help!)

• Level   2

I was wondering how you change a netflix account that is linked to your XBOX Live Account to another Netflix account. I was using a family members Netflix account but I wanted to change it to a different account (my new one). I already deleted my Xbox on the old Netflix account, yet whenever I go to the Netflix app on my Xbox it still shows the old Netflix account and doesn't give me any options for linking it with a new account. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. 

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If you can sign into Netflix.com (or your friend can sign in) there is an option to remove devices from that Netflix account. If you remove your device there you should be able to set it up under your account on the console.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Go to https://signup.netflix.com/

Then sign into your account > Got to your account & help > Settings > Manage devices and computers > Deactivate devices.

It will deactivate all your devices such as your computer, Xbox, iPhone, iPod etc...  

All Replies
    • Level   X

You can do this by deleting Netflix from the console. Go to System Settings, then select Memory, then Games, and look for Netflix. Delete that, and then navigate back to the app on the Dashboard, and you will be prompted to download again. At that point, you can put in your new Netflix account :)

• Level   1

I had the same problem. Miss Portia's answer worked! Thanks

• Level   1

I am having the same problem. When I go to Netflix on my xbox 360 it shows top 10 for old friends name.

I have gone to storage/all devices/games and deleted all entries for netflix "think there was about 5" using the green button to select and confirm. I also cleared the system cash. when I go back and download netflix again after download and instal it does not prompt if I have an account it just goes ahead and loads the other account.

What am I missing?

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If you can sign into Netflix.com (or your friend can sign in) there is an option to remove devices from that Netflix account. If you remove your device there you should be able to set it up under your account on the console.

• Level   1

I tried that it did not work, since it is not my Netflix account I cannot do that, I deleted all of the netflix  files...still cannot log into my own netflix.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Go to https://signup.netflix.com/

Then sign into your account > Got to your account & help > Settings > Manage devices and computers > Deactivate devices.

It will deactivate all your devices such as your computer, Xbox, iPhone, iPod etc...  

• Level   X

Correct - the method to remove the Netflix account has changed. The method listed in my initial post no longer works (it was originally posted last October), but the steps listed by Smwutches and Skeletons do. Please give those a try. Thanks! :)

• Level   1

My friend's NETFLIX account was suspended because he didn't pay it. I bought the xbox off of her, and it had her Netflix on it also. I wound up wanting to use that service. I logged in to her NETFLIX account, changed the username, e-mail, password, payment method, all that..... and I've gone through xbox storage and tried deleting multiple times. It just automatically logs me in under Katherine (the previous owner) but when I go to Netflix.com and my account / manage devices / the only option is to "Active a Device"... there's no option to Deactivate. Any suggestions there?

.:.P[]|_aRp[]P.:.
    • Level   1

in case anyone is still having this problem, none of the above answers work (they didn't for me at least). this works now instead:

support.netflix.com/.../181

• Level   1

support.netflix.com/.../181

• Level   1

My Xbox is loading my uncles account but his account is expired. It wants me to restart it even though my account was the first one to be activated. I want to use my account but it won't let me do anything but restart.