This question has suggested answer(s)

xbox wont let me switch my credit card payment options, acc

• Level   1

First you need to know what

1) Someone hacked onto my xbox live account and tried to but about $120 in microsoft points. The person was able to get away with $80 dollars, but then my credit card company recognized that it was an unusual purchase, and did not let the other $40 purchase go through and i wasn't charged but my credit card got suspended.

2) On October 25th I tried to buy a game on the marketplace but xbox would not let me. I called xbox live support to try to figure out why i couldn't buy anything and the person explained to me the situation.

3) She told me that for 25 days an investigation would be being held on my account to try to catch the person that bought the points, and for those 25 days i couldn't BUY anything on the account for those 25 days.

4) I tried to play live the next day, the 26th, and i wasn't able to log onto live. I tried to switch credit cards,and even go on my backup account, xCooze, but xbox wouldn't let me do that either so i called support again. Another woman told me that it wasn't my credit card that was suspended, but my console and i would even be able to PLAY live for 25 days or when the investigation ends.

WHICH ONE IS IT?? MW3 COMES OUT IN 3 DAYS!!! HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT??

All Replies
    • Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

If there is an investigation with your xbox live account, Microsoft locks while the investigation is going on. Until they are done, it will remain locked.

• Level   2

You may be waiting months.  At least one user has reported having to wait five months.  The shortest I have seen was four days, but that was a big wig at a developer company.

• Level   7

make a new account on the xbox this will enable you to have 30 days free if you did not use all 3 free 1month profiles

if you have prepaid dlc codes wait for your account to be unlocked as dlc cannot be transfered

• Level   2

And start all over on your games and have no transferable gamer score.  Your advice is lousy, NG.

• Level   7

i rather have 200 gamerscore loss then a 100dollar charge for something i didn't purchase

• Level   2

That isn't an option once you account has been resecured.  

• Level   7

nor will it ever be transfering of gamerscore is against the terms of use as it is boosting

• Level   2

I was talking about losing money.  You can't lose any more without a fresh hack once security has been restored.

• Level   7

yes but like the PET and many others have said your account is LOCKED to prevent fraudulant charges and further unauthorized access and unknown changes (safety first)

when the investigators complete their job and send the password reset email he can resume using the profile

xbox does take security seriously

in the password reset email you will receive tips on what to update to secure the account and make sure you don't leave a password reset option as the same as before

• Level   2

Yes, but like common sense says, if your account is drained of MS points and there is no credit card on your account, there can't be ANY charge, fraudulent or otherwise.  But MS won't let me take my card off the system, trusting their system that has already been breached by the FIFA hackers thousands of times.

• Level   2

Ng, do you ever play on Xbox, or is your only involvement spending time here accusing hack victims of falling for phishing scams (on no evidence) and otherwise harrassing them?  If my account wasn't locked, I sure wouldn't be here.

• Level   7

you do relieze that before you activate the UAI that you can have them remove the creditcard before hand

once a UAI is started no changes to the account can be made till the investigation is done and the account is unlocked

• Level   2

Uh, no, and they did NOT offer me the option.  I did not think about it until I researched the FIFA hack and learned that credit cards were being used by the hackers.  I caught them before they could use mine.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

auburnlaw please do not highjack coozi's thread. we know you are having problems in your thread. I have directed you there to the Enforcement Agent area.

• Level   2

Tried to trick me into using an inappropriate forum, you mean.

i am not hijacking anything, and certainly no more than NG (funny how the guy toeing the MS party line isn't hijacking, but the guy with the exact same problem as the OP is).