This question is answered

service alert?

• Level   1

My xbox live status page says "current status service alert." What does that mean?

Verified Answer
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

That service alert showed a problem with Windows 8 (only) and Xbox LIVE. It's since been solved.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

All Replies
    • Level   1

this is bullshyt

• Level   1

I've had a connection, then lost it, then had the connection again, then lost it again. Waiting for the Live connection to come back. I was able to download a few apps, during this.

Has anyone been informed on when Xbox Live will be back up? I tried the Xbox Live support and servicealerts, but both were down or unavailable. Nice...

• Level   1

I am so hated for this. I can't even get on and watch netflix (Not like they offer anything good to watch for the up in price, they should call it noflix) Seriously, does anyone really care about a stupid dashboard update?

• Level   1

I had the same issue, after multiple attempts and patience i was able to download the new update and log into xbox live. I have to say im loving the new dashboard. i never used my kinect like i heard so many people on my podcasts. I couldnt see myself just sitting on the sofa calling out commands, but ive been playing with it for a while now and im loving the responsiveness.

• Level   1

Anybody know when this is going to be up and running again? I've been trying for hours now....I connect to the internet but not to Live. This sucks.

• Level   1

I was really looking forward this update solely because it gives us YouTube on the 360. My computer is an 8 year old piece of trash that takes forever to buffer videos. Now Microsoft pulls this crap and I can't talk to any of my friends or even use Netflix. If it's not up and running tomorrow I'm gonna be pissed.

()__() (0.o ) (>_<) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.
    • Level   1

With the considerably large update, there is a lot more network traffic to the microsoft servers than normal, especially with everyone picking up xbox's like hot cakes for gifts and stuff. I promise everything will be ok lol.

• Level   1

Well.  Xbox just crapped itself recently and I just got a new one today hoping to hop on some saints row 3.  Guess I can wait a little longer.  Hopefully they can figure the junk out soon.

• Level   1

same problem here, how long does the service alert take?

• Level   1

they working on it just wait .

• Level   1

makes no darn gon sense

• Level   1

lol @ impatience.  This happens with almost ANY big update to any server system. It's not the end of the world, just relax, everything will be ok. Just think of how many millions and millions of Xbox Live users there are, then how many could be trying to update at the same time, it bottlenecks the servers and these things happen.

• Level   1

its now up and running..game on ^_^

• Level   1

Once i downloaded the new xbox live update, i wasn't able to sign in. Wassup with that?

• Level   1

wow