This question is answered

Parent/child account linking and friends

• Level   1

As a parent in the house, I control the setting on the console and own the xBox Live account. My kids have their ID/gamer tags. How do I nest my kids ID's inside of my account? I've like to link them up with their friends, but I don't want their friends to be my friends, meaning attached to my parent ID.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hi there. Each account on the LIVE service is separate from one another. You cannot use one Microsoft account for multiple profiles as this would cause when recovering / signing into other Microsoft services. The only option you have is to use your ID as the parental guardian, this way you have the ability to set up their accounts privacy settings the way you like.

Twitter - @MrCharlieMills

• Sign into your child's account and go to the 'Settings' page. Once there select 'Family'. A useful page for you to take a look at - all about how to set the parental guidelines is right here:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

All Replies
  • Hi there. Each account on the LIVE service is separate from one another. You cannot use one Microsoft account for multiple profiles as this would cause when recovering / signing into other Microsoft services. The only option you have is to use your ID as the parental guardian, this way you have the ability to set up their accounts privacy settings the way you like.

• Level   1

Thanks. That makes sense. How or where are the parental guardian relationships set up and maintained?

• Sign into your child's account and go to the 'Settings' page. Once there select 'Family'. A useful page for you to take a look at - all about how to set the parental guidelines is right here:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control