To All those with Hacked accounts,
I am not going to go into detail with my particular situation. I am sure you are all familiar with how the FIFA hack has worked. Your account gets logged in somewhere else, all of your existing points stolen, potentially charges to your credit card and a very frustrating call to Xbox support in which you are told your account will be locked for 25 days. I am currently 70+ days out from my original complaint and day 42 of the “25” day resolution time and I am here to offer a little advice.
If this just happened to you remember to do a couple of things :
- When you call make sure you get your service request number it will make future calls of which there will be many far easier.
- Whether or not you are asked for it, you need to provide them with an email address not currently associated with your account. Provide it now if you have not already done so as your investigation is not started until they have this information and this evidently restarts the whole 25 day count.
- Do not expect resolution in 25 days. I did have one rep suggest I use one of those free month cards that come in games to essentially set up a new gamer tag but do so at your own risk. I suspect it would make matters worse.
- Chat is useless don’t even bother.
- Call, call, and call they will not contact you if they need information. If they do it will be a week or so after they knew they needed it so be proactive and call.
- If you are at or near the 25 day mark it is time to start asking for a supervisor. The last one I spoke with said they aren’t getting much of this fraud from FIFA any more. I thought it was a funny joke….
- You are now going to be told that your information is being sent to an escalation team. If possible try to get in contact with that team yourself but that has not worked for me yet.
- Finally, and most importantly as it will take everyone suffering from this issue pulling together to make any impact. Share your story here, and on any other message boards you visit or can find and ask anyone that has gone through this pitifully sad level of service to file a complaint with the BBB. I am sure I will get in trouble posting links here or something so just search for the Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington BBB. Once there it should be pretty straightforward just make sure you choose the Xbox associated with 1 Microsoft Way.
I will give them until Friday to resolve this at which point I am going to call them again to see what kind of smoke they blow up my …. And then I am filling a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They currently have an A+ rating with the BBB which is clearly a joke let’s see if we can change that. And get the word out to everyone who will listen. It’s sad they make a good product but provide garbage for service and make us, the victims of a scam they know full well is happening, feel like we are the ones that did something wrong. Repost this and get the word out !