This question is answered

The name of the creator of this file is not allowed on xbox live

• Level   1

So when I first got Halo: Reach this message came up & it took me a year to get it fixed, now it's doing it again. Is there anyway to get this fixed? I can't see how my name is that offensive that I can't upload to Reach, especially with some names that are on Halo that are far more offensive then mine.Thank you for any help you can give me.

Verified Answer
  • Hey there Adam! Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Just a heads up, we do have a 24 hour response time, but by posting in your thread multiple times, you keep making the thread "newer". We do look at threads oldest to newest, so posting multiple times actually puts you at the bottom of that pile.

That said, I'm here now, and I'm more than happy to help you out. So it sounds like you are having an issue with the word filter. I'd go out on a limb and say it's the "cancer" part, but I'm not the expert. I'll pass this off to word filter gurus and have them see what can be done about this. We'll post back here when we find out more. Thanks for your patience while we track this down!

• Hey there Portal! I've checked on this, and it should be good to go. Have you tried again recently and are you having issues? Let me know how it goes, thanks!

All Replies
    • Level   1

Help please.

• Level   1

I'm not going to go away til I get a response. I either would like my name "OK'd" or let me change my name for free if it's SO offensive to the filters.

• Level   1

It's been over 24 hours sence my first post & still no answer. Am I on the "pay no mind list' along with the banned list?

• Level   1

Looks like the problem got fixed, I'm able to upload my maps to Reach that have Adam Cancer as the creator. Thank you Mister Gwyther. Just to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future I payed the 800 ms points to change it to something less offensive. Again thank you for your time & effort :)

• Level   S

Hey, you beat me to the punch! Glad to hear you got it fixed up Adam. Happy gaming!

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem here. How is "Chaos Portal" offensive?

• Level   S

Greetings, Chaos Portal! Sorry to hear you're having some difficulties. For clarification, is this issue also occurring when playing Halo Reach? Are you receiving the same error code that Adam the Wolf described? Thanks in advance!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Yep, it's in Halo Reach, I'm receiving the same message, and I'm trying to upload clips to my file share.

• Level   X

Thanks for the update Portal - we'll take a look into it. :-)

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

Any word  from the other side, My collection of clips is starting to fill up my local storage.

• Level   1

It works. Thank you so much!