This question is answered

How do I change the parental email address associated with a child account?

• Level   1

Hi

My son has an account on my XBox, and the parental email address associated with it (e.g. to approve friend requests) is no longer being used. How can I change it?

Thanks

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Oh, you don't want to change the WLID of the parent account, you want to change the parent account altogether. That might be a little more difficult, as you'd have to log into the current parent account and select "Remove From Family". Then the child would be free to add to a different parent. Do you have anyway of using that account for a while to do this?

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

You can change the WLID of your Parent Account pretty easily actually. Just follow the steps in our sticky post and let me know if you have any issues. forums.xbox.com/.../19163.aspx

• Level   1

Hi

Thanks for your reply, sorry I have taken long to get back to you. Ok, so I went into my child's account, and have got to the point of "Change Windows Live ID". I wasn't too sure whether to proceed - if I put my email address in there as the new WLID, will that mean that it becomes the parental control one, or the child's account one? i.e. my child has their own WLID associated with the account, so I would assume that changing it would only change the child-WLID instead of the parental WLID. Man this is really difficult to explain!

To possibly make it clearer, my son's father is the current parental control WLID on our son's account. We have split up and he has moved out, so he no longer exists on our console. Would it have to be him that signs in with his gamertag, and then makes the change? I don't really want to bother him with all this, so if there is any way to do otherwise I would much appreciate it :)

• Level   1

Yes I will try that then, thanks for your help!

• Level   1

ok

• Level   1

hi guys i need some help with this too. my dad recently deleted his hotmail due to hackers or some other rubbish lol and i need to no how i can delete this hotmail account as i am 18 now, but i have no idea how to do it. thankyoou

• Level   1

Same for me, I've had my account for 5 years now and my dad used some hotmail account that hasn't been used since. I'm 21 now there must be some way to remove parental control it's very frustrating.

• Level   1

same problem -__-

• Level   1

Same, dont know the password and I don't know how t o remove it.. :'(

• Level   1

same

• Level   1

same if anyone knows please get intouch my email is [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR WLID]

• Level   1

AND ME :(

• Level   1

I'm having a similar problem.  The e-mail that my parents used for the parental controls stuff no longer exists and my parents and I do not know the password so we can change my account to an adult one.  Whenever we try to recover the password it sends it to the e-mail that doesn't exist anymore, the security question doesn't work, and the customer support function went around in a circle and told me to recover it via sending an e-mail to the nonexistent e-mail account.  Some help would really be appreciated.  

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

If you guys are over 18 you can simply promote the account by following the steps outlined here (forums.xbox.com/.../153165.aspx). If you are having additional or other issues, please create a new post after reading the guides. Thanks!

• Level   5

The post by 'Mister Gwyther' has an invalid URL.

forums.xbox.com/.../19163.aspx is borked.

Anyone know a URL which works?

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7