This question is answered

Can't Transfer from SR Account Back to Gmail

• Level   1

Months ago, my account got stolen, it was handled, and I got my account back a few months later (SR 1161099084, if it matters).  In the confusion, I ended up recreating an account using my regular email.  When I ended up trying to transfer my gamertag from the SR email to my regular one, it wouldn't let me because it was already associated with a gamertag.  I tried to create a temporary account to do a swap to, but I ended up creating an XBox account instead of an MS Live account, twice. Then, I cancelled the MS Live accounts and I can't recreate or recover it/them to make the transfer.  I called support and they redirected me to the forums, SR1174811843.  I wasn't sure about the policy on posting email addresses, so I left them out.

Verified Answer
  • Hey again, Jacketed. I was reviewing your case and I believe having an agent available to you in real time would make the most sense and help resolve this issue as expeditiously as possible given the complexity of your case. I would highly recommend getting in touch with phone support -- you can find the numbers on this page: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us. They will be able to work with you very closely on this issue and should hopefully be able to offer you a resolution. Thanks in advance for your patience on this issue. I'm of course available to you via PM if you have any questions. :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

All Replies
    • Level   4

Ya don't post the email address.

So are you unable to recover your main account at this time to update the email?

Or are you trying to recover the dummy account on your gmail to update it to a new email so you can place it on your main account?

This link will help you update emails so you can get this corrected.

support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

I'm unable to recover the main account.  The MS Live account was deleted and trying any recovery says it's an invalid Live ID but trying to recreate it says it's unavailable.

• Level   4

Are you able to find the GT on the website?

live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?Gamertag=Change2GT

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

Yes, both my original GT (still under the SR email) and the one I created using now-deleted Live account still exist.

• Level   4

Sorry I just want to make sure I have everything right :)

So.. Have Org GT and Org Email was hacked then Org GT changed to the SR Email.

Next you created a New GT under the Org Email.

Then the case was resolved, and you wanted to change the Org GT back to the Org Email.

But are having a problem, because the New GT will not change off the Org Email to free it up to then switch it with the SR Email.

So my question is.

Why are unable to recover the Org GT on the SR Email?

That is the first step, being able to recover the Org GT, then recover the New GT then switch the New GT email to a dummy (non Live/Hotmail/MSN account; These make xbox live GT on default) Email, this will then free up the Org email to be swapped with the SR email for the Org GT. But you need to be able to login with the Org GT to swap it.

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

Close, but missing one key point.  I have access to the original GT under the SR email and can login and still use it.  My original email was associated with a Live account and, here's the important part, that account was cancelled.  I have no way to access, recover, or re-create an account using my original email, as trying any of those results in various errors.

I need some way to either get the account with my original email back or have it deleted from the system entirely so I can start fresh (ideally, that).  Then, from there, I can make yet another email account and do the swap.

Trying to recover the account under the original email (or using the I Forgot My Password link), it says the Live ID doesn't exist.

Trying to create an account using my original email, it says the Live ID already exists.

• Level   4

Ok now it making much more sense :)

Next step is going to be Support staff looking into why your Org email is currently in limbo

Limbo being - Not being linked to an account yet the system saying it is already in use.

You should PM Mister Gwyther, using the envelope at the bottom of any of his post, the stickies at the top of this forum are him.

Provide the SR Number, Your Org email, and link to this thread. He might have more questions so be on the look out for a PM response. You can check for PM response at the bottom of http://forums.xbox.com/.

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

Great, I just messaged him.  Thanks for the attempt.  I managed to *** this one up royal, I guess.

• Level   S

Hey there Moth! I'm sorry we missed your posts, but luckily Juan was here to help out (thanks Juan!).

I'm trying to catch up, but I'm a little confused here. What it sounds like to me is that you had an account (let's say GT1) and it was compromised. You had us investigate and got it back, but with a new email address (WLID2), correct?

Somewhere in there, you created a new account (GT2) with your original email address (WLID1), yeah? Now you want to get your proper email (WLID1) back on your proper GT (GT1), is that about right?

So it sounds like you tried creating another email (WLID3) to assign to GT2, so your proper email (WLID1) would be freed up to use on GT1. Now you are unable to download the profile for GT2 in order to do this change, correct? What happens when you try downloading this profile to your console?

Please let me know if this is correct and we'll go from there. Thanks!

• Level   4

You have it correct. WLID1 is now in limbo.

Catch 22 if you will

WLID1 cant recover an account bc an account does not exist and can't create an account bc an account already exists.

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

I'll have to try downloading it to my console tonight.  I think it just said invalid WLID.

• Level   1

Sorry for the delay.  My console can sign in using a gamertag that was already stored in there.  I didn't know the others to try and sign in from scratch.

• Level   S

Greetings, Jacketed. I'm not sure I follow your most recent post- sorry about that! When you say you didn't know the others to try and sign in from scratch, do you mean that you have not tried downloading the GT2 profile onto your console as Mister Gwyther suggested because you don't know the login information? Let me know if this is the case.

How to use the forums

• Level   1

I don't know the GTs of the other junk accounts I made trying to make the switch.  Thinking on it, I guess I only needed the WLIDs of them, though, right?  That didn't occur to me, for some reason.  I'll try them tonight (if I can remember this time...). Is there no easy way to remove the WLIDs and/or GTs from the system entirely?

• Level   S

Yes, you only need the WLIDs and passwords to log in to those accounts. You can remove profiles from your system by following these steps: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete. Let us know how it goes!

How to use the forums