How the [Removed] can I remove my debit card from my account?!!!

• Level   1

The old debit card i have connected to this account is one I dont use anymore, it also has no money in it anymore and xbox tried to auto renew my xboxlive membership when it doesn't have money on it. Now its saying I owe 39 dollars, my account was suspended, and all kinds of [Profanity Removed]. I want nothing more to remove the debit card from this account, thats just what i wanna do and it [Profanity Removed] wont let me do it.. How dare xbox try to take money from me without my knowing, If i wanna renew my xbox gold I will do it myself..who do they think they are doing that with a debit card with no money on it

• Level   6

support.xbox.com/.../add-edit-xbox-live-payment-option

• Level   1

You dont think i checked that already? Nothing works, I click remove and it says it cant do it.

• Level   6

i was in doubt of whether i should try and help you based on your thread title and your language,i knew it was a mistake.

• Level   1

Well forgive me but im a little mad at the fact that xbox is charging a debit card with no money in the account without my permission, and i cant even remove the debit card. I want to simple remove the fricken thing, I cant even add a gold code i have to renew my membership because my account has been suspended since a payment went through when there is no money on my debit card

• Level   5

https://billing.microsoft.com/

• Level   8

If a card is tied to a Gold subscription then it can't be removed, even by using the link Nano has posted. You could have turned automatic renewal off here https://live.xbox.com/Account or by calling support, however you obviously were not aware of those options.

-

What you need to do now is call support support.xbox.com/call-us and ask for billing. They will be able to help you sort the problem out.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

• Level   5

@ OP..

Microsoft only works on, what you have entered etc... It's solely up to you, to remove or update any credit information...  

About Direct Debit authorization status

When you set up Direct Debit as a payment method, you can see the
    authorization status for your Direct Debit account on the Microsoft Billing and
    Account Management home page. Your authorization status will be one of the
    following:

• Pending

Your transaction is being processed.

• Good

Microsoft Online Services has received the authorization to debit the bank
      account. No additional action is required.

• Revoked

Microsoft Online Services cannot debit the bank account. You must contact
      your bank or set up a new payment method. To use a new payment method, see How
      do I use a new payment method

How do I use a new payment method?

To transfer your services and balances to a new payment method, follow these
    steps:

1. Sign in to the Billing and
      Account Management
      website.
    2. Under Your payment methods, click the payment method you
      want to change.
    3. Under Payment method activity, click Go to payment
      method information
    4. Under Payment method information for this account, click
      Use a different payment method.
    5. Click Add new credit card, and then click
      Next.
    6. Click Add new Direct Debit, and then click
      Next.
    7. On the Confirm transfer page, confirm the balances and
      services you want to transfer, and then click Next.
    8. Enter the information for the new payment method, and then click
      Save.

Note

Your services and balances will be transferred to the new payment method. The
    old payment method will be removed after this transfer and you can no longer use
    the removed
    payment method

• Level   4

Never put your card details on XBOX LIVE unless you're rich enough not to care about being ripped off.

User Banned.

• Level   5

Whatever, Templar Boe... You don't even use XBOX Live! Gold & use a PS3... Why are you even on here..??

"Microsoft only works on, what you have entered etc... It's solely up to you, to remove or update any credit information... " [ADD] Before being charged...

• Level   M

voteDC

If a card is tied to a Gold subscription then it can't be removed, even by using the link Nano has posted. You could have turned automatic renewal off here https://live.xbox.com/Account or by calling support, however you obviously were not aware of those options.

-

What you need to do now is call support support.xbox.com/call-us and ask for billing. They will be able to help you sort the problem out.

This is the only resolution for your issue. 

Post provided "as is," and confers no rights ∞DNA

Xbox Feedback!

• Level   2

you can buy the same gold time your being charged for as a redeem code then call support and they'll unblock and use the code you bought.

• Level   2

then try removing the card.

if you still cannot, the only answer i can think of is that the card will still have some money on it.

sorry that this is effecting your profile, i had this similar problem months ago

• Level   8

x THE LOST BOY

Well forgive me but im a little mad at the fact that xbox is charging a debit card with no money in the account without my permission, and i cant even remove the debit card. I want to simple remove the fricken thing, I cant even add a gold code i have to renew my membership because my account has been suspended since a payment went through when there is no money on my debit card

How is MS to know there is no money on the card you have provided to them? That is your responsibility to keep your information up to date. Yell and scream and be mad all you want but you need to direct it all inward. Also MS tells everyone in the XBL Terms of Service that if you use a credit/debit card for your subscription then unless you tell them otherwise, either by phone/website/console, that you do not want auto renewal turned on then you will be charged at the appropriate time for another subscription. This information shouldn't be a surprise to you if you had taken the time to read what you were agreeing to...

If you have an active subscription tied to a credit/debit card you will not be able to remove it unless you cancel the subscription altogether. If you owe MS money, such as is your case, then you will not be able to remove it until you resolve the issue.

• Level   S

Greetings, x THE LOST BOY! I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Billing issues can be very trying and I appreciate your patience and understanding. I just want to sum up what others have mentioned about this issue. Unfortunately we are unable to assist with billing issues from these forums. However, I do want to reassure you the phone support will be able to sort out this issue. Head over to this page for contact information:support.xbox.com/.../contact-us. Please do this and keep us posted on your progress. Thank you!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!