This question has suggested answer(s)

One House, Multiple XBOXes, Multiple Accounts

• Level   1

We have three XBOXes in our house.  Two Gold Accounts.  My son's account is in our living room with the large TV and Kinect device, mine is in my den, a third box is in my bedroom but has a placeholder silver account that we don't use much.

Given the Kinect's auto-login we've been wishing for an ability to have multiple accounts registered on multiple boxes, such that we didn't have to "recover" the account to the box we want to play on.  The necessity of doing the lengthy and awkward recover first makes the Kinect's auto login kind of pointless and moot.

Someone told me that there was a recent change that would fix this, however I can't find anything in the UI to make this happen.

Again, basically we'd like to just have the same accounts work easily across boxes.  We know that saved games wouldn't travel with them, but that's fine, it's more for the social aspects.

Any advice or hints?

All Replies
    • Level   5

You can't have the same account on multiple Xboxs at the same time so you couldn't have your current  account on your den xbox and living room xbox at the same time. Best solution would be to put your profiles on USB sticks and use them when you want to play on a different console.

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Level   8

Buy an Xbox Compatible USB Flash Drive and store your profile on that. Then when you want to move from one console to the other you simply just unplug it and plug it in. The RECOVER ACCOUNT tool is not meant for daily use and over time it can cause a profile to become corrupt.

USB Storage Device Support for Xbox 360 - Xbox.com

You can also put game saves on that USB Flash Drive so you don't have to lose your progress in your game.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

As what has been already state, just use a usb stick to carry the accounts you want from room to room.  Also, you can merge your three accounts into one family account and it will be cheaper than what youa re paying for the two, plus you get to add a fourth account if you want

• Level   4

Cir
    The necessity of doing the lengthy and awkward recover first makes the Kinect's auto login kind of pointless and moot.

Someone told me that there was a recent change that would fix this, however I can't find anything in the UI to make this happen.

The "recent change" might have been a reference to the announcement that there would be recovery-less "cloud storage" of profiles coming this year. It was part of the announcements from the recent E3 expo, but there were no further details... nor was a specific date announced, but I'd imagine that the usual "Fall update" would be the likely time to add the feature if it is coming this year.

Until then, the other folks have covered the options that are available right now: recovery or USB flash drives.

• Level   1

I am also very interested in this and I have to assume that MS is headed to the ability to have the same account on multiple boxes simply because of their huge push with video content.  I have four xbox 360's that I use for media distribution and gaming in my house.  I'm killing my cable TV next week because I get the news online and everything I want to see from cable is online with the XBox live (or it will be soon).  The fact that I have to walk around my house with a USB stick is ridiculous and I can't imagine that MS isn't going to resolve this soon.  We have a full windows domain and wired bandwidth throughout the house and the Xbox as a media head makes a ton of sense.