This question is answered

Can't sign into my account

• Level   1

So I recently got a new xbox and just transfered everything to it. When I had to sign into my account it asked for my WLID and password but the problem was that my WLID email hasn't been used for so long and I don't know my password.I've tried resetting my password but since the email hasn't been used for so long, it's most likely invalid so I can't check any mail. I've also tried filling out any information about that WLID to reactivate it but windows can't. I've tried validating that old email but I can't. I can't change the information from my xbox because I can't sign in. It's like a never ending cycle. I've done everything and I don't know what to do. I really need help

Verified Answer
  • I can certainly understand your frustration! However, as Mister Darcy mentioned, unfortunately there is no other way to recover your credentials except through the method already listed above. This is for security purposes, to prevent someone from posing as you in order to compromise your account. Unfortunately We are not able to provide any further assistance here, but if you have any further questions related to other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

All Replies
    • Level   1

the account that I'm on right now is not the actual account I'm talking about

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings user,

I'm really sorry for your problem in acessing your account.

If you receive an invalid password error, but you have entered the correct Windows Live ID email address, try resetting your Windows Live ID password.

First, please go here: account.live.com/.../reset

When you visit that website, you will be prompted to select the problem you are having, and you will have several options based on how your account is set up. (since you can't acess your email, select to answer the secret question).

If you are not able to reset your password through the website, you can contact Windows Live ID customer support to request a password reset here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/. When you do this, Windows Live ID support will ask for several pieces of information to maintain your account’s security. Complete the form and click Submit, and a support agent will review your request.

For more information, please check this link: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Please let us know about your progress.

• Level   1

I have tried to reset my password by using the secret question but I wasn't able to get it right. I did it too many times that I locked that option. I also filled out any possible information to my WLID to request the Password from another email but they've denied it and won't send me my right password. Of course and can't simply send a request password to my email that's on that account because that email is invalid. So tomorrow I shall contact windows live customer support and try from there but if all else fails, is there another thing I can do to actually access my WLID?

• Level   4

Sorry you are having such trouble... In addition to what colllecionador advised, you can always go over to the Windows Live ID help center @ windows.microsoft.com/.../id-help-center to see if there are other solutions to your situation.

How you get back to gaming soon!

• Level   1

I went to the windows live support page but most of the stuff it says I need to do in order to access my account, they still require me to sign into my email to get the password but I can't sign into that email. It also tells me to fill out any possible info about that WLID to reset the password but every time I send it, they said they can't give me the password. I pretty much did everything I can do from that support page. I can't reactivate that email because it was created from roadrunner and they require me to have time Warner cable to reactivate it. I called them to put a Time Warner cable modem in my house for a day and so I did that and I still couldn't reactivate that email. I don't know what else I can do.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, GRIFFEN. For assistance with your WLID you will need to post in these forums: answers.microsoft.com/.../liveid. They will be able to assist you further with this issue. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Okay so I posted in those forums the problem that I'm having with my WLID and now waiting for a reply over there.

• Level   S

Thanks A GRIFFENLEGENG! Keep us posted. :)

• Level   1

I have not gotten a reply yet to my question on the other forums yet so I'm still waiting. I recently called windows live support about the issue with my WLID and how I can't access it. They responded that they cannot help me with my problem so they told me to try and call xbox live support and I did. He told me to fill out the information to try and recover the WLID password but he gave us a little more info about the account to help me that time. I sent it but windows declined the request again.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, GRIFFEN. If your request was declined I would recommend double checking the information you submitted to make sure everything is 100% correct as you remember it. The information you submit needs to be correct and accurate in order to prove account ownership. This is the only way to proceed in this type of situation. Otherwise, you will not be able to access the account. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

I have sent all the possible information for my account but the problem is that some of it I don't exactly remember considering the info was created a while back. This is really frustrating as I've sent the request more than seven times and double checked the info that I can give from what I know but each request is denied. What's also frustrating is that when I call xbox support and I tell them the problem with my account, they can go on my account with ease but I'm still having this nightmare of trying to get my own account that I've had for a long time. Im using my friends account right now and I could see that my account was online when I called xbox support. I don't know what else to do and I'm not going to lose my account just because I don't know a little bit of the information from my account. This is horrible.

• Level   1

I am with Griffen on this on.. my partner has recently had the same problem. We offered to provide lots of info that only the account holder would know but nope not good enough. We needed the last four digits of a credit card.. um credit cards become invalid themselves!!! Help and support... umm not really.. we have spent sooooo much money on his xbox downloads and now this..... prehaps a little more help and support is needed.

• Level   1

It's been two months and I still haven't been able to retrieve my account. This is ridiculous. I just want to be able to play my account.

• Level   1

We have the same problem, lol. Our friend William comes over every Friday and we play the xbox with him. Since he had made the account before I moved in with my boyfriend, we have no idea what the email and password is. The only xbox the info was on is ours and then my bf's harddrive crashed so it got rid of EVERYTHING. We had to restore our accounts  and lost our friends account in the process. It's funny, It's been over a year now but on his account it still says there is gold on there. It was a waste of a 12 month gold though! Darn xbox! And I'm not sure what to do :(