This question is answered

website taking players information!!

• Level   1

There is a website being sent around on xbox that apparantly gives you free microsoft points I went onto it and it is taking other players account information

website:[Removed by Moderator]         I dont mean to be greedy but do i get a reward for reporting this serious issue? :)

Verified Answer
    • Level   3
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

As an ambassador yourself you should know not to go on these sorts of sites and i dont think you will get a reward for  reporting it as you should of never visited it. Never trust these sorts of sites for your own protection and to avoid getting banned.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

There is no reward for reporting a phishing site.It is just the right thing to do. I also understand that they may have told you to report it here. We do not want sites listed on the forums. Especially ones that ask for a users information. Some people may still just click on it without reading your full post. Part of the forum guidelines state "27. Thou shall not discuss illegal activity, or post links to discussions or sites promoting illegal activity. "  If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Have you ever been sleeping that good deep restful sleep (like when it's raining and cool) then someone so rudely screams wake up and watch the road.

All Replies
    • Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

You can report phishing sites on all browsers through Google. Make sure that the site in which you are reporting is not a Microsoft or another known site which does in fact use Windows Live ID, like Bungie.net or Forzamotorsports. Also in the future please do not post these links on the forums.

• Level   1

@Chris21ce What are you on about? I talked to xbox live support  and they said to report it here for the xbox police to have a look at the site, and they will prob close it down or something.

Dont post on my post if your going to post something pointless.

K thanks

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Hello TTL Gaming,

The only to report these as I listed above. You need to do it by going to the google link http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/ 

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

@TTL - please don't post these sites on the forums in the future.  They go against the ToU of the forums.

Also, Chris is correct in what he has stated.  If you had posted on the forums in the past you would have realized that support sends a lot of people to the forums to post info that is not allowed.  There is no such thing as xbox police on the forums.  

Perhaps you should read through the Hall of Infinite Wisdom in the ambassador forums to refresh yourself of the rules of the forums.  Thank you.

• Level   1

@onyx I got told by a xbox live support user to post this with the site on this part of the forum.

• Level   8

Doesn't matter what phone support told you, it has already been stated and established that they do not give out the correct information in regards to reporting. You have been given the correct information right here, now you just need to follow it.

• Level   8

How'd you even become and Ambassador? With your ties to TTG that alone should have disqualified you from being accepted. You were actively participating in a modded lobby in MW2 in December of 2011, as indicated by your youtube page video...

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

There is no reward for reporting a phishing site.It is just the right thing to do. I also understand that they may have told you to report it here. We do not want sites listed on the forums. Especially ones that ask for a users information. Some people may still just click on it without reading your full post. Part of the forum guidelines state "27. Thou shall not discuss illegal activity, or post links to discussions or sites promoting illegal activity. "  If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Have you ever been sleeping that good deep restful sleep (like when it's raining and cool) then someone so rudely screams wake up and watch the road.

• Level   1

so true

• Level   1

i know