This question has suggested answer(s)

I can't recover my gamertag since I forgot my e-mail address password

• Level   1

I cannot recover my US xbox live account to my xbox since it was corrupted, because I do not remember the password to my live email account I used to create the gamertag.

I have tried to recover the password from the windows live login page, but I dont have the "safe computer" option and I cant remember the security question ( yeah i should have at least remember that i know!). I have gone through the customer service request thing but to no avail.

My account has all my saves and my gold membership, I REALLY need to get it back onto the system, so I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

All Replies
    • Level   8

Contact support for your region and see what, if anything, they can do to help. You will have to answer a slew of questions to verify that you are the account holder but even if you get all of the questions correct they still may or may not give you the information you seek. If they can't/won't help you, don't be mad if they can't as they are just doing their jobs by protecting the account, then you have no other recourse unless you can remember the e-mail address and password.

For future reference it would help if you wrote down the log in information and stored it in a lock box or safe. That way if you should ever forget it you have a quick reference to it.

• Level   1

is that truly the only way man cause ive tried that already still no luck , so am i just screwed.

• Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

Yes.

BLK Aniwaya3

is that truly the only way man cause ive tried that already still no luck , so am i just screwed.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Xbox support has no control over passwords :-( Unfortunately it HAS to be done through Windows Live. I would encourage you to fill out the customer service form through the "I forgot my password" link on the windows live log-in page.

If you have to ask, you'll never know....

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

If the email is a live/hotmail account hotmail support will be able to assist you into getting the password - I have done this before - But you need to know general things about the email address - Contacts in the address book, emails in the inbox etc... Then you will be able to send your self a password reset and will be back in the game :)

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!