This question is answered

Can't sign in to Parent Account

• Level   1

So when I made an xbox live account I was not 18, therefore I had to create a parent account. I created it and just threw on a random password that I can't remember anymore and now I need the password to sign into my parent account so I can accept the new terms of use. Unfortunately I cannot just get a new password for the parent account... Because I used the same email for both my account and the parent account so whenever I try to change the parent password it just sends me a new password for my account. I am thankful for any help at all anyone can give me.

Verified Answer
  • Hey there guys! If you are having trouble with ToU and Parent Accounts, please check out our guide (forums.xbox.com/.../355550.aspx) for what to do next. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

> Because I used the same email for both my account and the parent account

there are three email addresses in the Xbox system for every account. Which email is the same?

1) The Microsoft Account, also known as the Windows Live ID, which is used to sign in at websites and download the profile to the Xbox. If that's wrong, you can keep using it until you have time to contact Xbox Support support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account.  You can change that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx by selecting Update Email Address

2) The alternate email address which is where password reset messages are sent. You can see that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx and change that by selecting Edit Security Info

3) The billing contact email address where billing statements are sent to. You can see and change that at http://xbox.com/accounts by choosing Billing Contact Information

2 & 3 can be the same. Ideally, 1 should not be 2 or 3 but they often are.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

All Replies
    • Level   1

i am having the same trouble try accepting it on here but for some reason it keeps signing me out or going to the error page.

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

Hello,

It's not possible to have one e-mail address associated with your own account and the parental account. When you login to your account you should see the e-mail that's listed for your parental account. If your sure that the e-mail is associated with both accounts then please contact phone support.

• Hey there guys! If you are having trouble with ToU and Parent Accounts, please check out our guide (forums.xbox.com/.../355550.aspx) for what to do next. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

• Level   1

The one link to fill out a form to get access back to a adult account, that link doesnt work for me? Is there somethign wrong with it?

• Level   1

mister gwyther the form isn't loading correctly, and i have been on the phone with customer service for 1 HOUR, and i spoke to a man who said he would redirect me to someone who can reset my parent email (which wasn't entered correctly), and i have been on the phone waiting for a half-hour since.

• Level   7

Hi,

The Account Recovery Form can be found here, for some reason that link is just formatted wrong it should be fixed shortly. Until then just access it by going to the link I posted.

• Level   S

Hey guys! Here's the URL, you may need to manually enter it: https://account.live.com/acsr

• Level   1

When i made my account i wasn't 18, so i had to have a parent account. Now i cant remember the password and can't accept the ToU. I cant get a reset link because the email was terminated. What should i do?

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

What is the parental email which appears on the Xbox console? Use http://account.live.com/acsr to reset it.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

I have the same problem. I cannot accept terms of use due to an attached parent account with a lost pw. I sent a pw recovery email to the parent account- got the password- AND IT STILL wont help. Now what?  

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

> Because I used the same email for both my account and the parent account

there are three email addresses in the Xbox system for every account. Which email is the same?

1) The Microsoft Account, also known as the Windows Live ID, which is used to sign in at websites and download the profile to the Xbox. If that's wrong, you can keep using it until you have time to contact Xbox Support support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account.  You can change that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx by selecting Update Email Address

2) The alternate email address which is where password reset messages are sent. You can see that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx and change that by selecting Edit Security Info

3) The billing contact email address where billing statements are sent to. You can see and change that at http://xbox.com/accounts by choosing Billing Contact Information

2 & 3 can be the same. Ideally, 1 should not be 2 or 3 but they often are.

• Level   1

OK I'm having the same issue of not being able to get onto the parental account so i cant accept the new Terms. In the past this account has been hacked numerous times, and now they have hacked into my parental account. We arent able to reset the password cause the alternative email doesnt work and the hackers have changed the security question. Is there anyway of getting it back or should i just give up on this account ?

• Level   S

Greetings Arothgar! If your account is compromised, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) as soon as possible and start an Unauthorized Access investigation. Thank you!