This question is answered

Unable to download profile/ recover gamertag - Error 80070428

• Level   1

Hi, I recently tried to recover one of my gamertags onto my xbox, but when i do, it does not work

The download bar gets to "donloading game info" and then I get the error message

"Unable to download profile at this time

error 80070428"

What should I do?

All Replies
    • Level   1

Having the same problem can anyone help please

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

hi guyz,

just need to valid "new conditions of use" via your account & it works!!!

peace  

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I got exactly the same problem and, as someone else said in another answer, got it solved by signing into xbox.com and accepting new terms and agreements.

I was then able to download my profile :0)

• Level   1

has anyone figured it out yet ??

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Yes. This is, BTW, a Microsoft Account issue, not an Xbox issue; the Microsoft Account support folk have their own support forum at answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/liveid

1) Please go to www.xbox.com/accounts and click on Billing Contact Information at lower left. After signing in with your Microsoft Account, then update your billing contact information there. If you are prompted to cofirm the email address, please do so.

2) Next, go to Account.Live.Com and sign in there.

3) Complete the security information by clicking on the Edit Security Info link below. Make sure to update the Security Question down below as well make sure there's a cellular number in the Phone Numbers field and also make sure there's an Alternate email address which is different from the Microsoft Account address.

If, at any time, you are asked to accept the Terms of Use, please do so.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

I tried all of that and it still isnt working.

• Level   1

can anybody direct me to where i can change my parental account because i can not get on xbox live and i dont know their password and are no longer around??

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

poo

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

poo

• Level   1

Why am I having this problem?! I took the damn security protection to my Xbox account and now my account is not only deleted from my hard drive but I can't even re-download it! Somebody better fix this!!

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80070428 (check out this link...I hope it works)

• Level   1

So, how do I make sure that the terms of use have been accepted?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Dude! The terms of use would pop up immediately when you log into LIVE if they need to be accepted again. If you can sign into LIVE without seeing this, then you're all good. If you have any additional questions on this, please create a new thread here and we'll be happy to help. Thanks!