This question has suggested answer(s)

Can I transfer all my game saves/data off one account to another?

• Level   1

Can I transfer all my game saves/data off one account to another?

As i have made a new account but i want to transfer all my game data like bf3 game saves etc..?

All Replies
    • Level   5

Hey there.  Game saves are not saved to your account.  They are saved to your memory device that you have saved them to.  So no matter how many accounts you create or have on your console, you will always be able to play off your game saves.  However, profile content such as gamerscore, rep, and achievements can NOT be transferred over.  Thanks! :)

• Level   4

You won't be able to transfer stuff such as Gamerscore, Gold Memberships, and MS Points from one account to another

If you put your finger in your ear and then scratch, it sounds like Pac-Man

• Level   1

ok thanks ;)

• Level   5

To transfer the content over you first sign in with the new profile.

Go to Storage -> Hard drive(or whatever storage device you use). Select the save you want to transfer over then select Move. When asked where to move to just select the same storage device again and then item will be moved from the old profile to the new one.

There is a problem with this that it apparently will no longer be possible to earn achievements on saves that are moved from one profile to another.

• Level   5

Actually, game saves are also linked to each account and can't be transferred for use on another account. No other gamertag can access a save made by another gamertag.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   5

Jameser78

Actually, game saves are also linked to each account and can't be transferred for use on another account. No other gamertag can access a save made by another gamertag.

Yes they can.

Not all games allow it but you can move saves between profile by signing into the profile you want to move it to then find the save and select move. doing this will transfer ownership of the save to the new profile.

Like I said not all games allow it.

Oblivion is one game that lets you move saves between profiles. Alien vs predator doesn't allow it.

I've just tested it my self. I was able to transfer an oblivion save to one of my spare profiles and was able to load the save.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Ok,

to answer the question, No it is not possible to move saves/data from one profile to another.

Apparantly some games allow it (see Malacath's posts), but definately not all.

• Level   5

I personally think at this point, we should leave it up to an Agent or a Moderator to decide who's post is the verified answer. :)

• Level   8

Content can not be transferred from one account to another. However as mentioned above you can use certain game saves amongst profiles. The ability to earn achievements off those game saves is automatically disabled.

• Level   5

This is a recently added ability then.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   8

Jameser78

This is a recently added ability then.

It's been that way for quite awhile, only certain games allow it however,

• Level   1

I have a question if I got a new xbox and I just transferred my xbox live account to the new xbox I'm still going to have my saved game for gta 5

• Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

If you use a USB stick or transfer cable you could still use the same GTA save file. Or if you are using the hard drive from the old console, or your save was stored in the cloud.

UK Xbox Deals

The gamer formerly known as 24.
    • Level   1

I have an xbox and i made a xbox live account on my computer and downloaded it. But one of my profiles has all the data but it does not have xbox live is there a way for it to transfer its data to the new xbox live profile or make the profile that does not have xbox live get xbox live

• Level   3

Ok,

So, if i create a new account on my xbone, i would still be able to play ghost and the dlc, and also dload the dlc that comes next, since i paid for premium?

I thought the premium and dlc was just for that account that purchased it