This question is answered

Unable to Grant Allowance to Child

• Level   1

We have been trying for about an hour or more to transfer Microsoft Points from our parent account to one of our children's account.  It won't work, neither on the Xbox nor here on the website.  All of the logging in works, and we were able to purchase points, but the Allowance granting operation is not functioning.  I hope this glitch will be resolved quickly.

Verified Answer
All Replies
    • Level   1

you should be able to redeem a prepaid point card on the child accounts i have done this loads of times

• Level   1

not the issue, we paid for points online to grant to our kids but their system is not working. I will not spend more money because they are inept at these things. There is no reason the they should not be able to move the points for us when we call. Their only answer is wait till we decide to fix it.  it's crappy service.

• Level   1

I had this error the other day, then it worked a few minutes later. Now trying again I'm getting this error. All by credit card. Really pains when I had to buy 1500 points to move 900 @1200 to allow my friend to buy a 2000 MS pnt map pack.

• Level   1

This is getting old.....my 6 year old doesn't understand why I can't transfer points that I bought.    

• Level   1

support tol me they hope to have it fixed in a hour i also asked for them to pass on my comments where i suggested they look into updating the system so support staff can actually transfer points for you

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Raiden627, your problem is different than the problem fastredvette has.

You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to a Billing Agent is to go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:2

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Everyone here: You have differing problems. None of the volunteers here in this DIY gamer-to-gamer forum have the access to the account required to fix it for you. Suggest you all contact a LIVE agent by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and clicking on Request A Call then explaining the nature of the problem.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   2

Same thing happening to me, it seems a few people I know are having the same issue, console accounts are fine, points can be bought, but none can be granted, been trying all day today. Please fix it someone my kids driving me mad lol

• Level   1

Vibroplex, please explain how these two users issues are different and what if anything makes them different from the problem being experienced by anyone else in the two forums (at least) where you're telling people a faster means of getting nowhere with someone on the phone who can't fix the problem, but at least with less of a wait time in queue.

I'm not seeing the difference.  All posters are unable to grant allowances of purchased MS points to the kids on the Gold Family Pack accounts, this feature is broken right now, looks like it's been that way yesterday and today, we're all getting the same errors.  It's a specific feature that normally works, we all know how to use it and have done so previously, and now it is not working.  This is the sort of thing that whatever programming personnel fix glitches and bugs in the system need to address, not something you call account support to resolve, except insofar as when enough people complain maybe the requests for a fix will eventually get forwarded to the right department.  

No, we might not have solutions here, but 1.) it tells us all that the problem is on MS's end with the functionality of this Family Pack feature, as opposed to an issue with our accounts or systems.  and 2.) if one of us does get through and get a solution, the rest will know what to do, or that it has been fixed and to try again.  

Now NO ONE, including those who have actually gotten through to a human being via phone support, has yet posted a solution or said that support fixed the issue for them.  No one.  Therefore it makes zero sense for the rest of us to bombard MS with requests for return calls, when there is nothing that support can do for us right now.

So with all due civility and respect, I must reject your suggested answer, I do not think it applies.  

• Level   1

I am having the exact same problem and it is disappointing since I just moved everyone to the family account today. I spent a lot of money on the points and now my kids cannot even use them........

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there everyone! We are aware of this issue and working on a resolution already. Please make sure to check out our Sticky Post for updates and information. Thanks!

• Level   1

Thank you for the update Mister Gwyther.

• Level   1

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased 6000 MS points for my sons birthday to a tune of 85.00. It will not allow me transfer(which I have done a dozen times). This was done with a credit card not debit and the card has already been charged therefor the transaction was successful. I know exactly what the problem is the system is overloaded due to purchases for the CoD 2 Season Pass which dropped today, (which is the same reason I made the purchase). I was going to go to the store and buy a prepaid card for my son and just use the points to purchase my own Season Pass but after reading this forum I see that they do not work as well. Why Microsoft cannot admit there is an issue and why the issue is occurring is beyond me but if you add 2+2 it makes perfect sense. I'm sure it will get up and running within the next 72 hours, but try explaining that to a 13 yr old on his birthday, proper customer service would be to grant free points to our accounts in return for the matter not being resolved by Bill Gates didn't get rich by giving things away now did he. Kinda makes me think about purchasing a new PS3 but they have the same issues during a major update, just doesn't cost me 170.00 dollars to figure it out.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

WOLFMOM:

> Vibroplex, please explain how these two users issues are different

Some users have bought points from retailers in the form of Pre-Paid codes. Others bought them on-line or on the console from Microsoft directly. Bother require different solutions.

> what if anything makes them different from the problem being experienced by anyone else in the two forums (at least) where you're telling people a faster means of getting nowhere with someone on the phone who can't fix the problem, but at least with less of a wait time in queue.

The nature of the problem must be resolved by the Xbox agents, since there's no public guidance from XBL at http://xbox.com/status to reveal a specific problem. There is no solution the volunteers here in this gamer2gamer DIY forum can provide, so talking to the pros is definately indicated.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I stand corrected. http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/444638.aspx shows it is a known Microsoft issue awaiting a response at this time.