This question has suggested answer(s)

I forgot my old MS account, i only know my gamertag and password

• Level   1

Hello Xbox support and users
I had and xbox on 2005 or something like that, i created myself an account on xbox.com, i only know the gamertag and password, is there any way to recover that account without the MS email?, and if i recover it; i can unactivate that account so i can use that old gamertag to change it for this account's gamertag? or i need to call Microsoft's support.
thanks for the help. 

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there,

there is no way to recover a gamertag without having the MS email, but you can 'get' the MS email by contacting Xbox Support they will ask you a few questions about the account and if answered correctly they are able to give you the MS email.

To contact Xbox Support use: support.xbox.com/contact-us or support.xbox.com/contact-us for the phone number

-

Regarding the second question, it is not possible to unactivate an account to be able to use that old gamertag on a different account. to do so you will need to change the gamertag twice. On the old account, from your old gamertag to a new one, and on your current account, from your current (XxTictozoxX) gamertag to the old gamertag.

See this how to change a gamertag: support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

-

Keep in mind that each gamertag change will cost 800msp and those points will need to be on the account that is doing the change.