This question has suggested answer(s)

Error code 831188FE

• Level   2

When I try logging into my xbox live account on my xbox, I get the error code 831188FE along with a message along the lines of "there's something wrong with your account."  I can still log on with this account on my computer though.  I've tried deleting and redownloading my profile, as well as clearing my system cache twice, but I still get this error when I try logging in.  

What should I do about this?

All Replies
    • Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there, Toni. I searched your error code and found a person on twitter was having the same issue. The xbox support agent who was helping the said person suggested to sign into their email account they use to check to see if they had an email. I believe you may need to verify your Microsoft account.

If you do not have an email and are still having trouble signing in I will contact a Support member on the forums to take a look at this thread. :)

Twitter - @MrCharlieMills

• Level   2

Hey, thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately I didn't receive any emails.

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried recovering your account onto a friends console? Do you still get the same error message?

I have PM'd a support agent to take a look at your thread, hopefully they will be along shortly.  

• Level   S

Hey dude, sounds like you've followed all the basic steps for this one.  Can you type out or send us a pic of that exact error message that you see?  We'll dig a lil deeper and figure this thing out! :)

• Level   2

@meanmachine I haven't tried that, but I did try recovering it on a USB (didn't work either), is there a difference?

@miss ermine  The exact error message is "Sorry, something's wrong with your Microsoft account.  Go to https://account.live.com for help. Code: 831188FE"  

Thanks for the help

• Level   S

Hey there Toniman!

I see that you have tried all of these steps already, but did you try them in this order?

1. Unplug any accessories attached to your console, such as a headset, the Xbox 360 Chatpad, or the Kinect Sensor.
    2. Delete your profile. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox 360 profile.
    3. Clear your system cache three times. See How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache.
    4. Restart your console.
    5. Recover your gamertag. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

I only ask because sometimes finicky errors like this want things to be done in a particular order in order to be resolved.

Let us know and we'll work from there! ^_^ 

• Level   2

I just tried that but it didn't work either.

• Level   2

So this problems been resolved. I didn't do anything that fixed it, it just started working all of a sudden, so must've been someone on microsoft's side. Regardless thanks all for the help!

• Level   7

Glad things are all fixed, rather strange issue though. Happy gaming!

• Level   1

I am getting this same error i did all of those steps and still this error happens...It's very frustrating

• Level   S

Hi techturtleyolo. If the above steps did not help, please go ahead and create a new thread. We will be there to assist.