This question is answered

My gamertag is supposedly no longer allowed...

• Level   1

I tried to log into live today, and it wouldn't let me log in saying "In accordance with Xbox Live policy, the gamertag Anuscloud is no longer allowed. You must change your gamertag before playing online again" I would like to be able to resolve this without having to change my tag. I've had this tag for almost 2 years now with no problems until now.

I talked to a support member, and he said that it could have been reported for being inappropriate or offensive, my tag is neither. Anyone can report any name for being offensive by these terms. I could have my tag be "Marshmallow Monster" and someone could report it because they don't like marshmallows and I would be back in the same boat I'm in now. Or someone could just report your name because you happened to be doing better than them in a game.

All I would like to do is to be able to keep my current tag and continue playing. I don't believe this is an unreasonable request considering it is not offensive or inappropriate name, and I pay so much per month for my live account.

Verified Answer
    • Level   9
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Really,you can't see anything wrong with your gamertag?  The only people that deal with forced name changes are the enforcement team here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

PSN:Badger360  http://www.gamerkitten.com/

• Level   9
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Anuscloud
    I could have my tag be "Marshmallow Monster" and someone could report it because they don't like marshmallows and I would be back in the same boat I'm in now.

Sorry, but you could not be more wrong than you are with that statement.  Forced gamertag changes have nothing, not a single thing to do with what someone may "like" or "dislike".  You got a forced name change because the name you are using is a violation of the Terms of Use that you agreed to. 

All Replies
    • Level   9
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Really,you can't see anything wrong with your gamertag?  The only people that deal with forced name changes are the enforcement team here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

PSN:Badger360  http://www.gamerkitten.com/

• Level   5

I don't see the Policy Enforcement Team changing their mind about your anatomical reference, so you'll need to change your gamertag. Also, keep in mind that if you have "too many" forced name changes they will just ban your account from Xbox Live, so keep your next gamertag tame. (And no, there is no exact number given for "too many".)

• Level   9
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Anuscloud
    I could have my tag be "Marshmallow Monster" and someone could report it because they don't like marshmallows and I would be back in the same boat I'm in now.

Sorry, but you could not be more wrong than you are with that statement.  Forced gamertag changes have nothing, not a single thing to do with what someone may "like" or "dislike".  You got a forced name change because the name you are using is a violation of the Terms of Use that you agreed to.