This question is answered

ACCOUNT = UNUSABLE

• Level   1

Alright I don't know what in the world happened but I'm getting something about my account being suspended because of a bad payment option. Ok, easy enough, I go and put in another one and it won't work. (When I'm absolutely 100% sure it should.) I can't even see my friends on xbox live. It says I have 0. So, hm, let's add one of my friends back, right? NOPE. The "parent" of this account needs to sign in. Parent? There has never been a parent on this account for the five years I've had it. It says the ID of it is ([REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR WLID]) Hm..maybe I made this for some reason when I made the account fie years ago. Well, I can't access that with the password I use for everything. Let's try recovering, NOPE. Security question is what my zip code is (or was) when I made the account. I know what my zip code was, but NOPE, WRONG. I get on the xbox website and WOW, I ACTUALLY GOT TO SIGN IN. That's a start, huh? Well, let's go and see if I can edit my payment options on the website, NOPE. I need my NON-EXISTENT parent account to sign in. How dandy. [REMOVED - LANGUAGE]

([REMOVED - LANGUAGE] I've had no problem with Xbox services for five years, then this happens. I've spent an hour trying to figure something out [REMOVED - LANGUAGE])

I don't know if it's possible at all, but is there any way I can get a Microsoft employee to just get rid of all this [REMOVED - LANGUAGE] If they can in any way, shape, or form delete this 'parent' information, and fix this payment option bull, I'd be the happiest nerd in the world.

Any help? 

Verified Answer
  • Hey there Babazooba! Alright, let's try sorting out what is going on here. First, a parent account cannot be added to an account once it's created. Are you using a secondary account on a Family Plan though?

As for your billing issue, you should try transferring your account balance to the new card. You can do this through our billing site. Try starting there and let me know if that helps. Thanks! 

All Replies
    • Level   1

Actually, like I said, I'm not on a Family Plan. I've never had any sort of parent account issue before and I have no idea where this came from. As for the billing problem, I'll have to try that out now.

Thanks

-Tyler

• Level   1

Ahhh I see now why it wouldn't let me switch my payment option to my debit card. I apparently owe 19.98 but I've only got about fifteen dollars on my card. Just a quick question if you might have an answer, why doesn't Microsoft check the credit card BEFORE giving out the gold membership? :P Just asking, because then I wouldn't have to go refill my card just to talk to my friends.

And now the only question is, how can I get rid of this parent account stuff?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

We do this as a grace period so your LIVE subscription won't be interrupted. Also, we don't charge the payment methods if they are unable to cover the cost. We charge your Xbox Account. As agreed upon in the Terms of Use, it's your responsibility to make sure all your billing information, including payment methods, are kept up to date. I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out though. Let me know if I can be of further help, thanks!