This question has suggested answer(s)

WHAT HAPPENED TO MICROSOFT POINTS

• Level   1

I DOWNLOADED 1600 MICROSOFT POINTS AND WHEN I WENT TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING IT CHARGED MY MOMS CREDIT CARD.  ALL THAT GOT RESOLVED BUT I DONT SEE OR HAVE MY MICROSOFT POINTS WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM? AND HOW CAN I GET THEM? 

All Replies
    • Level   1

Microsoft is moving away from Microsoft Points, and is starting to just use cash amounts (this way you don't have leftover points) and you can just pay for what you need.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

hi sorry you have had that problem there is more info on the Microsoft account transition to local currency.

heres more info hope this helps - support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-points-retire-faq  unfortunately it does not answer the question about 1600 ms points

• Level   5

Sounds like you are in the beta program.In which case you will need to post here forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

PSN:Badger360  http://www.gamerkitten.com/

• Level   7

Hello,

Please visit this page here and take a look at your account balance, does it show up in points or currency (this cannot be undone)?

If the balance is showing as currency then it means the following:

A.) You or someone that uses your console has registered the console for the Xbox 360 Dashboard Beta back in July. This can be seen with the "Beta" channel on the dashboard. If you don't have this "Beta" channel, then the console you're on does not have the dashboard beta.

OR

B.) You've downloaded your profile to a console that has the beta and your account has been converted from using Microsoft Points to your local currency.

-

If it's option B (sounds like it in your case), then this means that you can only make purchases on the console that has the beta dashboard. This dashboard will be released to everyone later this year (Fall 2013 - no other specific date just yet). Once you've made any sort of purchases you can then return back to your console and re-download that content using your download history (Dashboard > Settings > Account > Download History).