This question is answered

Error 801540B7 cannot re-download profile

• Level   5

Today while playing Forza Motorsport 4, as an online race ended (with 2 friends) my xbox live connection dropped and so I attempted to log back on. I got an error message referring me to support or to attempt to re-download my profile. Followed all of the troubleshooting on the xbox website and still nothing. I contacted the web support and Destinee ran me through a number of attempts to fix this, including deleting my profile (but leaving saved data). Attempting to re-download the profile has failed every time. It gives the error code 801540B7. 

I have another xbox live account on my system and it connects just fine.

I really don't want to lose any data associated with the problem profile. Please help!

Verified Answer
    • Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey all - sorry for the lack of updates the past few days, but our testing has been completed, and the fix has been applied to all accounts in this state. Please try downloading your profile on your console and let us know if this has been resolved for you. We appreciate your patience during this time. 

All Replies
    • Level   5

It did allow me to re-download an old xbox live membership to the console though, just not my CURRENT one...

• Level   1

Direct connection to modem. Try it.

• Level   2

Yes i got this error message today. is there anyway to fix it?

• Level   2

As did I.

• Level   5

I will try the direct connect later, but I do have 2 profiles on my system that connect just fine. In fact, i was able to successfully download one of these profiles.

• Level   2

I am directly connected to my modem and am still having the problem. I reset my modem and that did not fix it either.

• Level   1

I am haveing the same problem!!! Grrrr this makes me so mad!!! driving me crazy!!

• Level   2

I just spoke to a Xbox Support Representative. Here's the details:

"Ok that code I did end up finding in my big book for 5000 here. It looks like a server maintenance error. This code has actually not once popped up until today for xbox live users. So this is something on our end, not yours, you would simply have to wait until the servers are fixed which should be before morning tomorrow or late tonight."

So it looks like this is just  a temporary server error that will be cleared up by tomorrow.

• Level   5

Thanks ghost, hope its accurate!

• Level   1

I am also having this problem.  Anyone have any luck yet?

• Level   2

According to the support representative I spoke with earlier today, it is a server problem that should be addressed by this coming morning.

• Level   2

having the same issue as well, spent over 30 mins with support and no luck, anyone else?

• Level   X

Hey all - we are indeed investigating this issue. We'll update when we have more information. :)

• Level   1

I'm rather getting annoyed of this. All I wanted to do since the new expansion for BF3 came out.. was to freaking play BF3. Did I pre order the damn game all for nothing!? I'm seriously pissed about this. And this problem needs to be fixed and freaking fast too.

• Level   2

I was hoping this would have been cleared up by this morning. Hopefully we get some news by the end of the day.