This question has suggested answer(s)

status code: 8c320008

• Level   1

Okay so this is whats happening im having a bit of trouble with microsoft points right now i try to add them to my account with a prepaid credit card.So i have all of the information and stuff like the card number name and so on but it always tells me that it cant authorize it. So what i do is i try to update my prepaid card to see if i did everthing right and i notice that my verifacation code is not there. So i put in the numbers and wait for it to load and then it tells me that marketplace is having problems and it brings me an error code: 8c320008. someone please tell me why it wont work im really frustrated :(.

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Dark! Are you referring to our prepaid cards or a prepaid debit/credit card? If the our prepaid cards, take a look at Forum 09 for more help. If a prepaid debit or credit card, we don't accept these. You'd need to have an actual credit or debit card.

You can also use your prepaid credit card to purchase one of our prepaid cards at a retailer and then enter that code in your console to add the points or LIVE time. Please let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions. Thanks!

• Level   1

Mister,

I am receiving the same error code. I had my card stolen and now I received the new card and am trying to update my information so I can log in but I cannot get past this damn code. I get this when updating on the console and when I login through www.xbox.com/accounts it keeps telling me to please enter a valid CC number. NAy help would be appreciated.

• Level   1

I too am having this problem. I'm trying to add a credit card to my account but it wont let me. I've called my company and everything to work it out but, i keep getting the same status code everytime.

• Level   1

I am having the same problem with my new card. I tried to update it on your website and it tells me to "Enter a valid credit card number" my info was entered correctly and I just bought a pizza with this card so whats wrong with your site?

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey all - just to clarify a question asked by Mister Gwyther - are any of the cards you are trying to enter a Prepaid Credit or Debit card?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

Portia,

MIne is a debit card like I have been using for years, just was replaced due to theft and as stated by a previous poster it works with other transactions (paypal, etc.). However for some reason the site says that I need to enter a valid CC number but this is not the case because I am coping it as it reads on the card. Is there a specific format that needs to be followed (e.g., numbers run together, leave a space between for breaks, etc.)?

Getting frustrated that I cannot update my information and truthfully I will not allow access to paypal even with the statement that the information will not be used without my consent....just not going to happen.

• Level   X

We can definitely understand being frustrated! There isn't a specific format. Was the card just re-issued? If so, how long ago? And, this might sound a little odd, but can you change the password on your account at account.live.com and let us know the results!

• Level   1

I too am trying to add a new payment option because I got a new credit card. Every time i finish entering the information it gives me status code: 8c320008. This has been going on for me since 7:00 last night and it is very frustrating.My gold membership expired and now i cant pay for another one.

• Level   1

i am using a pre paid card that i got for cristmas is that why i can use it  cause i am also getting this status code

• Level   1

try this one try to sign-in to account.live.using the email that is link to your GT and if you are prompted to verify your account it will sent a confirmation email to your email just confirm and try to re-add the the credit card or debit card and that should do...hope that helps....:-)

• Level   3

Ok first off, if you guys have prepaid cards this is what you have to do. I use them all the time. The have to be made for online purchases, and you have to go to the webpage of that card and register it with a name and address. They will then send you a real card but your one u have now should still work just put your name in as u put it for the new card

Happy Hunting

• Level   1

that has nothing to do with it because I got the same error message with putting in a brand new CREDIT CARD

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Swag- have you tried our suggestion above, which is to visit account.live.com and see if your account has any notifications?

• Level   1

I'm getting the same error or as stated by my console, status code 8C320008. I have had this credit/debit card for awhile now, but this is my first time purchasing XBL. I re-read all my information and it's correct. That's for my console and for my CPU it says please enter a valid card number. I know it's my card number, I re-read it three times to make sure it was correct and it works because I've purchased other things in between attempts to get XBL. I checked my account and it has the money in it. There is nothing online as far as these same suggestions to check everything which I have. It would help if it told us what the status code stood for, such as what the problem is and then maybe we might be able to resolve the problem. Does anyone have anything yet?

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there JKR - thanks for the details. We're still investigating this issue ourselves, so we need a bit more information, if possible.

• What region are you in? 
    • What type of payment option are you using? Debit, Credit, prepaid debit or credit, or a generated electronic Credit Card number?