This question is answered

How can i change my email?

• Level   1

Ok i used a friend email back in the time and now i would like to manage my account from my own email, i don't want to bother my friend anymore for he's email, anything i can do?

Verified Answer
    • Level   4
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

account.live.com - sign in there, click change to the right of windows live id near the top.

This method ONLY works if you are not using a live.com/hotmail.com email.

Alternative, register an email at live.com, sign in on console, go to settings, account, your information, windows live id, change windows live id. Enter current password, new email and new password.

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

If you want to change your email, go to account management then go to windows live, then select change email.

• Level   4
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

account.live.com - sign in there, click change to the right of windows live id near the top.

This method ONLY works if you are not using a live.com/hotmail.com email.

Alternative, register an email at live.com, sign in on console, go to settings, account, your information, windows live id, change windows live id. Enter current password, new email and new password.

• Level   1

I changed my Email password and now it wont work on my xbox when i trying to change the windows live id it says wrong password even if i try older one i don't get it?

• Level   4

I'd suggest trying to sign in online to make sure you've got it typed in right. It is case sensitive and needs to match EXACTLY.

I've done tech support and this is a very common error.

• Level   1

ive had a similar problem but mine is that im trying to verify my acc but everytime it says  its sent the email to verify it doesnt show up in my email ive tried for a couple of days now any sugestions

• Level   1

if someone could email me the steps to change email on xbox live account ples email the steps to me [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT]

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Killer! The steps for changing your Microsoft Account on your profile can be found in our "Questions about a Microsoft account or a gamertag" guide. Please check that out and let us know if it helps, thanks!

• Level   1

srry but when i tried ur way raett they had gave me this message <The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed> so what shall i do nw

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there RPJ! If you are unable to change your Microsoft Account email online you may be in a 30 day wait period. This can sometimes happen when changing sensitive information on your account. Usually that provides a message about the wait.

If you'd like to get more info on the state of your account, please contact us directly and speak to an account agent. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

its easy. follow the steps shown here:    

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account