This question is answered

Error Code 80070571

• Level   1

I can't download my profile to my xbox, and I keep getting this message when I try. After checking my network status, it recognizes my gamertag, starts to download, then stops and says it can't download or connect to xbox live now. Try again later. Code 80070571. Can anybody help me out? Also states my profile is corrupted. It was working just fine an hour ago....I don't understand what happened.

Verified Answer
  • Go into settings/storage/profiles. You should see your profile "corrupted." Delete the corrupted profile (profile only, not profile and content). Then, after you have deleted your profile, try to download it. This should work

All Replies
    • Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Brotha - do you have a spare USB Flash Drive? If so, can you remove your hard drive from your console, then insert the USB Flash Drive? Then, download your profile directly to the flash drive. Let us know if this helps!

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

I have the same problem as BrothaBIZZLE, where it says " Xbox live cant download profiles right now 80070571" It starts downloading for about 5 seconds then that message comes up. You cant download it to the flash drive because that option comes up later on when the profile is downloading. Please help, i havent been able to play for a week.

King Kfgman
    • Level   X

Hey Rhino - thanks for the update! Have you tried removing your hard drive, however? Do you still get this same error with the hard drive removed, and a flash drive inserted?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

Hey. I just did what Miss Portia had said. It worked fine for me. All his answers were correct. All i had to do was download it to a USB rather than my hard drive. Thank you. My friend would have lost all his stuff because his gamer profile randomly disappeared. That's the only thing i'm un-aware about. Thanks though

• Level   1

Miss Portia will you by eny chance know how to fix this for a XBox 360 slim becoz you cant take out the hard drive on the newer models

thanks Mythic

• Level   X

Hey Myth1c, you can remove the HDD from an Xbox 360 S, actually (provided you have an HDD, and not just the on board 4 GB flash memory). This page has steps on how to do so. :-)

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

So does this mean that we can never use the actual hard drives for awhile?

• Level   X

Hey Dietary, I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question--was that based off my post? I was simply posting a link to instructions on how to safely remove an HDD from an Xbox 360 S console. :-)

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

Go into your harddrive look at your GT...

Does it say "Corrupted Gamer Profile"?

1- DELETE GAMERTAG ONLY

2- Re DL PROFILE

3- ???

4- PROFIT

• Level   1

What you can do, I just did this, is download to either a flash drive or the built in memory in the slim. Once downloaded you can move it to the main drive. It works fine.

• Level   1

this just happened to me yesturday night. microsoft has to fix this, because we pay for our memberships so we can play, and we are losing these days.

• Level   1

Thanks alot :) .. This worked <3