This question is answered

The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE?

• Level   1

Hello. I just bought  3month membership from you on the website.

I was hoping to get on a play but then it said " The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE "

Help? Can i get my money back? I just wasted £14.99 -.-?

Verified Answer
  • a quick way to get that to get to your console is to test your xbox live connection. then afterwards just log into your profile and you should have your gold membership showing on your profile. another way is to download your profile. but its far faster to just test the connection. sorry, i'm rambling now.

All Replies
    • Level   4

It can take a while for your Gold membership to come into effect, leave it for 24-48 hours for the system to catch up.

You are also still showing as silver on the forums which suggests that the Gold membership hasn't come into effect on the system.  

• Level   2

Greeting's. On my screen you are actually showing gold. to prevent from loosing Xbox playing time buy your membership through the console as it update's automatically.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

what game are you trying to play and  what's the age of your account see some games won't let you play due to your account's age

• Level   1

Thanks for helping guys, doesn't matter now.

My friend knew what to do when he came over.

I did try buy it from xbox itself but it wouldn't buy.

- Janny

• Level   S

It sounds like you were able to resolve the issue. Is that correct, Primal? If you need assistance with any purchasing let us know! :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

i just created an account and got the xbox live free trial for one month and it says my profile isnt allowed i havr checked the status of connection and i am connected to internet and gold and i tried to check it on my computer and it shows i have been playing but i havent been online what can i do

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

GaudyBubble71

i just created an account and got the xbox live free trial for one month and it says my profile isnt allowed i havr checked the status of connection and i am connected to internet and gold and i tried to check it on my computer and it shows i have been playing but i havent been online what can i do

Hey there, it's suggested that you make a new thread for your issue, but since it's the same as the OP, I suggest what the verified answer says - try the test Live connection method, and if that doesn't do it, try re-downloading your profile.

@mikez0r

MKIV Supra owner // gooner // deathcore enthusiast

• Level   1

Primal!!! How did your friend resolve he issue? I'm having the same problem.

• Level   4

Lady, you'd want to create your own post even if you are having the same issue. However, if you're issue has not already been resolved, either test your XBL connection or redownload your profile.

The console can take a few hours to sync with the servers, so if you bought Gold online you can hurry it along with those two steps.

• Level   1

The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live

• Level   1

I created an account in gold according to Grag0nLance57 response and accurate log of it as I do that if do not want my money back.

• Level   4

Please start a new thread

If you put your finger in your ear and then scratch, it sounds like Pac-Man

• Level   1

Same thing happened to me. I redownloaded my profile and now I have no problems

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Folks, using these forums for support works MUCH better when every individual person with a problem opens their own thread when they have questions. Your problems are NOT always identical so the solution each of you need can be very different.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7