This question is not answered

Forgot my password

• Level   2

I forgot my password, I tried the "forgot password" link when singing in, but it doesn't help at all. I can't send it to the email cause i don't know the email, its an old aol email i used 4 years ago. I can't use the secret question cause i honestly don't remember, and when i try the customer support, i try to give as much information as possible, but it just sends me right back to the sign in page. Is there any way I can get or reset my password?

p.s this is my g/f's account, for any smartys that wanna ask "well how you sign in here?"

All Replies
    • Level   8

Well how you si...Oh. Tried phoning customer support? I know it says you've tried customer support but it reads like it was the online one you tried.

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Level   2

Yeah it was the online one i tried, and called them multiple times, say they can't give me my password.

• Level   8

I think you're stuck then.

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Level   S

If you cannot provide enough information to phone support to prove this is your account, they won't provide you the information. I assume the account you are posting from is your newly created account?

• Level   7

You only have one choice:  call Support and go thru their "account verification" process:  Like you, I had an account once that I could not remember the password to and the email was dead so I could not get a password link.  I called support and tried to do this, but could not answer all their questions.

After awhile, another poster here took pity on my plight and encouraged me to try again and use the email version of the verification form.  I contacted suport (I think you can also get it from the WLID site) and got an email sent to me.  It asks a pile of questions like: name, address, phone, card nos, etc.  Even what your ISP address on your computer!  It also has a text box for more info.  Put in friends' names, your GS, even some acheivements...hopefully, these will offset and questions you can't answer!

In the end, after 8 months and 6 forms, I finally was able to send a password reset link to an email that I wanted and was able to access that account.  Basically, in the end, if you can't answer their questions to their saitsfaction, your account is gone sure enough.  Use the email form: you can take time to research the answers!

And by the way, it is silly to think Xbox knows your "secret" password: after all, if thousands of support people could access your password, can you imagine what would happen; i.e, MS does not keep up with passcodes.

• Level   2

Sorry if this is a necro, I'm just trying to get some help.

No Minter Gwyther, this is my girfriend's account, she is acting as the middleman as i seek for help on the forums. I made the email for my own account  years ago, and let it die, can't remember the password cause I changed it so much.  I only have my name and address to provide, never put credit card info on my account, cause honestly I'm underage and used prepaid cards.

Thanks RED SHIFT1, I will most defiantly try that. See what happens. I really don't want to loose this account, I've had it for 4 years, but I'm going to try your suggestion and hope for the best

• Level   1

I know :( I try and try I remember the password and all but it says its invalid someone help me

• Level   1

same happened to me i still have not got my account back

• Level   1

the link that redshift was refering to is the www.windowslivehelp.com

forgot my password

and other options

this will pull up the windowslive id validation form

if you used random info on an account it will be nearly impossible to get the account back

be accurate with the info you give

• Level   1

will try one i do know !! wish me luck!!

• Level   1

hah