This question is answered

Changing email address

• Level   1

I joined Xbox live years ago. We moved and I had to get a new email address. How do I change my email address so i get notifications? My issue is our account was suspended for 1 day. No idea why and an email was sent to an account that no longer exists.   

Verified Answer
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there FWD KLUTCH,

Firstly, you can find all the information you need on how to change the email address that is connected to your xbox live account, on this link. It explains how to do so, with an easy to follow step-by-step guide.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info

-

Secondly, if you would like to know why you where suspended for 1 day, I would advise creating a thread in the "My LIVE account was suspended" forum. Follow this link to be taken there.

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

-

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

You see, there are three email addresses in the Xbox system for every account.

A) The Microsoft Account, also known as the Windows Live ID, which is used to sign in at websites and download the profile to the Xbox. There's only one Microsoft Account for every Gamertag, and only one Gamertag for every Microsoft Account. If that addresse no longer works or is wrong, you can keep using it until you have time to contact Xbox Support  support.xbox.com/contact-us  for help with your account. You can check or change that on your console with Settings | Account | --> --> Account Security | fib and say you have a new addresse ready | and your current Microsoft Account addresse will appear at right.

B) The alternate email address is where password reset messages go. You can see that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx and change that by selecting Edit Security Info there or at account.live.com/ManageAssocIds

C) The billing contact email address is where billing statements go. You can see & change that at http://xbox.com/accounts by choosing Billing Contact Information or on the console with Settings | Account --> --> Account Security | Billing Information

B & C can be the same. Ideally, A should not be B or C but that often happens.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   S

Hey Vibroplex! I'm very appreciative of your willingness to help! In the future though, please remember to check the time stamp of the original post and don't bump threads that are months old. Since this issue is from August and CloudStrife 900 responded already we can assume the OP has found their solution so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread! Thanks!