This question is answered

!visit www.xbox.com/servicealerts <---This unfamiliar message LOCATED lower mid-section of NETWORK SETTINGS SCREEN

• Level   1

I tryed to go to that web location by entering exactly the path as shown. I can get it to go to anything remotely similar to ServiceAlerts after I get to

www.xbox.com .  I am guessing that XBox is having some service issues and that is why my xbox is responding like a dead Brick instead of the

state of the art electronics it is suppose to be.

My question is what is a Service Alert exactly.???

Is this message suppose to warn us users of a Downtime issue which WILL OCCUR  --- OR ---  Service INTERUPTIONS ALREADY in progress. --- or --- WTFE...

WOULDNT IT BE ALOT EASIER ON US ALL IF YOU JUST HAD THE MESSAGE APPEAR ON THE 1ST SCREEN WE SEE WHEN LOGIN INTO XBox.com

WHY THE HASSLE AND THE MYSTERY TO DISCOVER WHAT XBOX IS REALLY TRYING NOT TO SAY ...  I AM JUST CONFUSED ...

I AM JUST LOGINING OFF ANY AND EVERYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH XBOX TIL TONIGHT or WHEN THE SECRETIVE CONFUSION IS CLEARED UP.

COME guy you are suppose to be proffesionals here.

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there Crash! I see that you've bumped a very old thread, if you would like to get some help on this matter please make your own thread with details and we'll be happy to assist you! Thanks :)

All Replies
    • Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there! The service alerts are for when XBOX or any service within XBOX goes down for one reason or another. Things do happen and stuff doesn't work right, but please be patient when they are down. The service alerts can be a big help in that XBOX is telling you what is wrong and how they are going to fix it. Conversely, the amount of information on the service alert page is a lot, so instead of bombarding you with a long message, why not go see whats wrong on your computer? After all, if your internet is not working, the computer is the first thing you fire up. Make sense?

Twitter
    Twitch.TV
    Of course, I can help you with your XBOX related questions by messages as well. That's how I roll. :D

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

If there's a problem, it appears on the top line at http://xbox.com/accounts as well as many other pages.  http://xbox.com/status is also a good quick way to check for Service Alerts and their details.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

i am having the same problem and no the path they say to enter doesn't work and never has

• Level   5

How about going to xbox.com/status instead? The Service Alerts there show you if all parts of the complex Xbox LIVE infrastructure are AOK or if there's an issue with one thing or another.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status   There is the full link that is in the URL Bar when the service status page is loaded.