This question is answered

Removing parental controls

• Level   1

How can I remove the parental controls from my account? I made it a few months ago on a windows 8 consumer preview, while I was still 17 years old.. I turned 18 in august of this year, and after buying an xbox 360 today, I set up my account on it. 

If I want to add someone as a friend, it says that I need to give the password of a parental account, which I forgot the info of.

so, how do I remove all this parental stuff?

Verified Answer
    • Level   V
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You would need to promote your account to an adult account. You can find instructions here - support.xbox.com/.../online-safety

All Replies
    • Level   1

Anyone???

• Level   V
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You would need to promote your account to an adult account. You can find instructions here - support.xbox.com/.../online-safety

• Level   1

• Level   1

how can i make my account an adult?...im 17 and i dont know how.

• Level   1

I have a similar issue, except I'm not able to promote the account since I need the parental account password to be able to even log in... more information in the thread I made, since I was not sure anyone would visit this thread as it is already answered.

New thread: forums.xbox.com/.../1942026.aspx

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

For steps on how to promote your account, please look in this guide: forums.xbox.com/.../153165.aspx

• Level   1

i forgot my xbox 360 parental control password

• Level   S

Hey Exiled! This thread is a bit old, so please go ahead and create a new one. Thanks!