This question is answered

Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team

• Level   1

Is it normal for the  Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team to want to take control of my account? This is what the email says:

My name is Gabrielle with the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team. First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your account recovery issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you. In order to resolve the issue with your account, Xbox Support will need to take control of the account and any associated Windows Live IDs.

Please reply directly to this email to confirm that you allow us to take control of your account. We apply this email to your Xbox Live Account as the Parental Email Account.

Please provide your preferred contact email address so we can apply it to your WLID to aid in account recovery. Your contact email must be different from your existing Windows Live ID.

I look forward to your reply with the requested information. If you have additional questions about your issue or additional information to provide us, please reply to this email or contact us at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

I just want to make sure this is a real email from Xbox and it isn't something else that could possibly take over my account?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Revex OG, in the future start your own thread with details that allows us to help more efficiently. You will need to CALL Customer Service to start the Unauthorized Use complaint. Also don't post your email that is information you should keep secure.

1-800-4MY-XBOX

All Replies
    • Level   7

I haven't seen one like that myself, but to be safe I would call them on the phone. It could be an okay email, but I would still feel better by calling them to be honest.

Ahhh, the sweet smell of pigskin is in the air. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!   7-3 after getting embarrassed in Green Bay.

@1brandiesel

• Level   1

Yes it's legit.

If you contacted support reguarding a password reset or windows live ID issue this is the email they would have sent you.

• Level   1

Hello. I am trying to recover an orphaned account. I have a service number that I replied to within the 2 days but got ignored and close my case. Just wanting help in recovering the orphaned account.

• Level   5

Hi Adamlfrd,

please try the options on this link to recover your account: support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-password

Also please be aware that this is an old post.If you require support it is always better to create a new thread for you specific issue, it will ensure you getting the best support.

• Level   1

I just made one.

• Level   1

I would suggest trying to call the phone number first just to make sure it isn't a hoax. I would also try to recover your account manually by using the "Forgot My Password" option. Or you can go through all the methods by using this link: support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-password

Xbox LIVE Ambassador - Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about Xbox Live or gaming in general!

• Level   1

But I know the password and everything. I can log in and stuff. I just cant mess with the account settings.

• Level   1

The Microsoft Advocacy Team is a worthless bunch of hacks, accountable to nobody,  that don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

• Level   1

2 month never heard from them I cant play downloaded shows or films i have to delete and steam if i want to watch them.   same with my game content if I'm not connected to live when i start the game i cant use it.  

• Level   1

Hi I'd like to open an Unauthorized Access claim on my account "legzndary". I have been banned permanantly when I didn't have control of my account.

• Level   1

my contact email is[Mod Removed]

• Revex OG, in the future start your own thread with details that allows us to help more efficiently. You will need to CALL Customer Service to start the Unauthorized Use complaint. Also don't post your email that is information you should keep secure.

1-800-4MY-XBOX