This question is answered

Changing Birthdate on Xbox Live Account

• Level   1

My Brother set up my son's new Xbox live account on Xmas morning he put in the wrong DOB by a long shot this is stunting my son's ability to play on line with kids his own age which is one of the reasons he got the xbox is there anyway that I can fix his current account i.e. this one so that he is properly aged as he is younger than 18 I would rather have this fixed without him losing all his xbox live and game downloads becasue of my moron of a brother. I am an xbox live member with my own xbox and I assumed that my brother had put me on his system as the parent.

Verified Answer
    • Level   V
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If it's still in the first 30 days of the subscription, you could try calling support to see if they can cancel the subscription and give you a token for the remaining time. I forgot to mention that game saves don't transfer between accounts either.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

ok then thanks for the help with this will try to find a way to fix this that doesnt lose him everything just some of it apparently will then kill my brother thanks.

All Replies
    • Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Once an account is created, there is no way to change the birthdate. You would have to create a new account with the correct information.

• Level   1

Well what will happen with all of my son's downloaded content and games saves? will I have to repurchase them? as he has spent a large chunk of his xmas cash on minecraft and other games avatar items etc. i just dont have the money to replace them at this moment all because my moron of a brother.

• Level   V

As long as he is using the same console, he can access most of the content on the other account. Avatar items can only be used on the account they were purchased on though.

• Level   1

what about his subscription to xbox live? i take it that would be screwed as well

• Level   V
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If it's still in the first 30 days of the subscription, you could try calling support to see if they can cancel the subscription and give you a token for the remaining time. I forgot to mention that game saves don't transfer between accounts either.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

ok then thanks for the help with this will try to find a way to fix this that doesnt lose him everything just some of it apparently will then kill my brother thanks.