This question is answered

Account Swap

• Level   1

My Windows ID is different from my Xbox login/gamer tag. When I received and configured my new Windows 8 phone, it created a generic Xbox ID for me: Player768615164. Now I cannot move my original Xbox to connect to my windows id and games app on my phone. Following Microsoft's website suggestion, I tried creating a new generic Windows Live account and transferring Player768615164 to it, but receive an error related to the 30 day wait. This was a while ago, maybe 30 days or close to 30. There is no feedback on how many days you have left to wait. I own all 3, now 4 accounts and can verify that with personal info. Why do I have to wait 30 days each time, especially with no feedback on how many days have passed. It's brutal!

Is there any other way I can connect and start playing games on my phone under my real gamertag?

Verified Answer
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

What happens if I set up my Xbox and Windows Phone services with two different Microsoft accounts?

You will get the most out of Xbox LIVE and Windows Phone if you use the same Microsoft account to sign in to both services because you will be able to share your Microsoft Points, gamerscore, gaming achievements, Xbox Music Pass, play counts, badges, and friends. If you set up your Windows Phone and Xbox services using different Microsoft accounts, be aware that:

•You can’t combine or merge two accounts into one.

•You can’t migrate plays, achievements, badges, or friends from one account to another.

If you did set up your Windows 8 and Xbox services using different Microsoft accounts, the best thing to do is to determine which user profile (your gamertag or Windows Phone tag) is more important to you or which you've got the most time and money invested in. Use the Microsoft account associated with that profile (your “primary” Microsoft account) to create a new account in the other service.

•If you decide to use the Microsoft account associated with your Windows 8 account and not your Xbox account:

1.Go to Xbox.com and click Join now.

2.Select the type of account you’d like, and then sign in with the other Microsoft account.

•Note You can still access and use the Microsoft Phone or Xbox account associated with your “secondary” Microsoft account. You just can’t integrate the two.

from support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

All Replies
    • Level   1

Bump. Anyone?

• Level   1

I would recommend contacting xbox support directly. You may have to wait for the 30 day period to be up before you can do anything else

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

What happens if I set up my Xbox and Windows Phone services with two different Microsoft accounts?

You will get the most out of Xbox LIVE and Windows Phone if you use the same Microsoft account to sign in to both services because you will be able to share your Microsoft Points, gamerscore, gaming achievements, Xbox Music Pass, play counts, badges, and friends. If you set up your Windows Phone and Xbox services using different Microsoft accounts, be aware that:

•You can’t combine or merge two accounts into one.

•You can’t migrate plays, achievements, badges, or friends from one account to another.

If you did set up your Windows 8 and Xbox services using different Microsoft accounts, the best thing to do is to determine which user profile (your gamertag or Windows Phone tag) is more important to you or which you've got the most time and money invested in. Use the Microsoft account associated with that profile (your “primary” Microsoft account) to create a new account in the other service.

•If you decide to use the Microsoft account associated with your Windows 8 account and not your Xbox account:

1.Go to Xbox.com and click Join now.

2.Select the type of account you’d like, and then sign in with the other Microsoft account.

•Note You can still access and use the Microsoft Phone or Xbox account associated with your “secondary” Microsoft account. You just can’t integrate the two.

from support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

This is really stupid. I don't know why Microsoft can't circumvent the situation directly.

• Level   1

This happened with me as well, it's extremely frustrating, microsoft should be on top of this.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey Player667110408! I'm sorry to hear that you've run into some frustration here. For help with this issue, can I have you follow those steps that have been verified above! That's the information and steps you'll need to try first. If you have any further questions, can I have you make your own thread detailing where you're at and any errors you're getting! Since this thread is a few weeks old, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. We'll look out for a new thread from you. :)