This question is answered

Forgot Xbox Live Account Email?

• Level   1

I would only like a level 'S' to respond to this please.

Well, I'm just going to explain what I need so it doesn't sound like I'm trying to steal an account, but it's going to be a bit of a story, so here I go.

A few years ago (like 7 or so) when account thieves were lurking around the Xbox world, I fell into one of those traps and my account was stolen. When I found this out, I of course called Xbox Customer Support about my situation (and back then when accounts were stolen, it took a month or two to get the accounts back) I was extremely bored so I ended up creating a new account for the time being. So while I was playing on my 'new' account, the last DLC (map pack 3) came out for Call of Duty: World at War came out, and because all my friends were playing it, I wanted to play it really badly, so I bought the DLC on my 'new' account, and when my main account was finally returned to me, I was actually able to play the DLC without having to rebuy it for this account, which was quite nice.

Now we come back to this year. My 7 year old Xbox broke, and I needed to buy a new one so I ended up getting it and using the Data Transfer Kit to transfer all the content from my old HDD to the new internal Xbox S 360 HDD, everything went well. Now today, I became so bored that I just started playing some of my older games, and I put in World at War and began playing multiplayer (with all the fun killing modders) and it said that I didn't have one of the map packs, so I ended up putting some 'research' into this, and later remembered that I I downloaded it on an account that I don't remember the email/password to, but I do remember the gamertag used when buying this DLC.

Now because I have been on xbox live for quite some time, I do know what typical things would be asked and such, someone is going to most likely say "Have you tried to use the content transfer system?", yes I have and that didn't work, it still said that I didn't have the DLC. What I can do is give the Name of person using the account, and  Street City, State, and zip code, what I can't do is give a secret answer or last 4 digits of credit card information (at this time, I don't believe email accounts were required to have a "secret question and answer" so this most likely doesn't apply). So I know this won't get me anymore, so what I was thinking (not sure if this would work) but I have the Gamertag name, and my original Xbox 360 Serial number if this can get me anywhere?

So to sum this up:

I want only a level S person to answer this, and I would like him to answer my simple question of: "Can I retrieve my old account with just the gamertag, and serial number of my xbox 360, and or any information with 'Name of person using the account, and  Street City, State, and zip code'

2001 - 2008

Verified Answer
  • I will flag this for an 'S' to see and respond.

But I'm still gonna respond, to let you know that there is hope. If you call support with the gamertag, they will take you through some recovery steps to find the email that was used.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

All Replies
    • Level   1

Thank you for response, and I'm glad that you flagged this for a S to help me a bit further. :)

2001 - 2008

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I do understand that you are wanting an S ranked person but just in case they are buisy allow me to help you out with this.

First it will not be able to recover it with just a Gamertag and serial number. (The serial number is used mainly for hardware issues. )

Second, like springer stated, if you call up live support with the gamertag-provide them with enough information to get into the account they will be able to assist you further in recovering the account. However, it does sounds like you may run into some blocks trying this.

If you call support and find that you can not access the account there is really not much else you can do without the email address. Usually there are ways they can try and escalate the issue but without the account name to fill out an account recovery form, it kind of puts you in between a rock and a hard place.

Again, I know I do not have an S but I hope you find this useful while you wait.

• Level   5

Basically, with the gamertag known, they will be able to see what the email is, but you will need to follow recovery steps if you don't have all the credentials for it.

If it was an email that doesn't exist any more, it will be a rough road.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Apple! While I'm flattered you want one of us Agents to respond, Springer here has all the right moves. If you are unable to recover your account, and the steps at http://xbox.com/forgot don't help, contacting an account agent directly (phone or chat) would be the only way to get help on this. Please let us know how that goes, thanks!

• Level   1

Unfortunately, the information that I gave them was not enough to allow them to access my old account. I guess I'll keep looking for the rest of this month, and if I can't get it I'll just rebuy it on my main account

2001 - 2008

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Thank you for checking back with us Apple. Please keep us posted on your progress or if you have any questions along the way.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

If you call they may be able to ask a secret question, my boyfriend's account was set up 7 years ago, when our console broke we only had the option of a security question for a password reset, and we never even signed into the email account on a PC. At some point it asked to create a security question, if you can pass it with support you may be able to have them help you with the email, or if you only have used a few emails (or back then they required you to have a hotmail/live account the same reason we had the problem) you can figure it out and reset it by process of elimination. Go to account.live.com, enter in the emails you've made, if it says MSA is invalid, then you know it's wrong, if it goes to password reset options, your on the right path.