This question is answered

Cant receive messages or invites of any kind

• Level   1

starting today when i signed in i dont receive any messages or game invites (they only appear when i sign out and back in) and no one can join my game but i can join others i have tried restarting my xbox and internet and recoving my account none of these has helped. What can I do?

Verified Answer
  • Check here mate's.

forums.xbox.com/.../84267.aspx

All Replies
    • Level   S

Does your profile automatically sign in when the Xbox starts up, or do you manually sign in (then have to sign out and back in again)? Make sure to check out our Communication Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../19135.aspx) as this does have to do with party and communications. Thanks!

• Level   1

I'm having the same problems and everything is unlocked, I don't have privacy settings or anything. I haven't tried recovering my account but it literally started happening while I was still online. I played a couple matches of NHL 12 and a buddy hopped off and then the problems started. It's starting to really make me angry. I receive messages after I log back in. I have an open NAT and all that. XBOX has gone retarded.  

• Level   1

Same problem, I cannot receive invites and messages. They only appear when i reset my connection or sign out and back in. The only way I can join a game is by joining session. Help me ,its driving me mad!

• Level   S

Just to try some other basic troubleshooting, can you delete your profile (profile only, not items!), clear system cache, restart console, and recover your profile. Also double check all your privacy settings. If they say they allow communication, toggle them off, save and exit, then go back in and set it to allowed.

• Level   1

same thing is happening to me. Only started yesterday. Is this a technical fault on xbox's side or what?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I rang xbox with this problem and i was told to disconnect from my network by going to my xbox, system settings, network, configure network, additional settings and resetting to factory settings and then restart my xbox. once i did that i reconnected to my network and the problem was resolved. Try this and hopeful you will have the same outcome.

• Level   1

thx