This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox wont let me sign in

• Level   1

alright, so i'm having a two step problem. first one; when i try to sign into my account on my girlfriends xbox 360 it wants me to input my microsoft email and password. When i do this though it tells me that there is a problem with my password or email and signs me out. i know im doing it right cause it works on Microsoft.com. but the second problem comes when i try to update my security info on the website, I cant access my account cause i have to wait for microsoft to delete some old security info that i have access to no longer. biggest problem is that that wont happen until May 15, 2013. Why is that going to take so long and is there anyway to speed that process up?

All Replies
    • Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there,

the reason why it has to take at least 30 days, is because it is a security measure to prevent people stealing accounts and quickly changing the details.

And I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done to speed that process up.

-

Regarding not being able to sign in due to the 'incorrect' password, this is likely to be caused by the security proofs, when you are able to update them. try the following steps.

-

1. Check account.live.com/.../manage to see if at least two security proofs are setup and verified (Phone number and alternate email would be best)

2. Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

3. Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

4. Turn the console off.  

5. Turn the console on.  

6. Clear the console cache one more time

7. Redownload your profile.(See the same link as 2.) you might have to enter the security verification afterwards and all should be fine again.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

it wont let me sign in and it says you are not connected to the internet but i know i am because my brothers works, and there is no problem logging onto my microsoft account

• Level   S

Hey there Fiscal!

If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to you specifically. =)