This question is answered

dashboard deal - 5 free games with xbox live gold 6 month purchase

• Level   1

I signed up for a 6 months of xbox live gold by selecting a dashboard deal that offered 5 free games - Fable III, Halo Reach, Kinect Sports, Gunstringers, and one other one, I forgot which.  It said that when the purchase was made that download codes for those games would be emailed to me.  Well it charged my paypal and now I have a 6 month xbl gold account, but the acknowledgement email mentioned nothing whatsoever about this offer or any game codes.

Verified Answer
  • Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for the codes to be sent to your email inbox. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask us! Thanks,

R ii TZ x

Xbox Ambassador Team Member

All Replies
    • Level   1

Same issue it has been 2 days i figuered i would give it a week then call support

• Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for the codes to be sent to your email inbox. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask us! Thanks,

R ii TZ x

Xbox Ambassador Team Member

• Level   1

why so darn long?

• Level   1

This is nice rackett they got going they wait till the promo is done then if they have enough game tokens left they will send you some and what if they run out we are SOL just saying it seems to me like some BS they got the money now we got to wait and by the time we get the games our subscriptions will be almost half over.

• Level   1

It also said that the games must all be downloaded by June 30th.  At least the ad showed this in the fine print, but I am pretty sure it didn't mention you won't get the codes for six weeks.  What is the justification behind this taking so long, and why does the 'deal' not mention this?  Why set an arbitrary cutoff date when you are not even able to deliver these codes  promptly, like it makes it sound like you will.  How is this kind of thing (manipulating your customers) good marketing or PR?  Is it not enough that digital delivery really doesn't cost Microsoft anything, and that to even take advantage of something like this the customer probably has to out and buy a bigger Microsoft hard drive for their console?  This kind of thing makes PS3 owners gleeful and reinforces bad stereotypes of XBL.

• Level   1

i want my games! how and where do i get them!

• Level   1

when am i going to get my free games

• Level   1

Same problem I'm gonna pawn this and get a ps3

• Level   1

same problem ! i want my games now !!!!!!

• Level   1

I also signed up for this deal. Anyone have a copy of the fine print of the contract?

• Level   1

Hold your horses, peeps! This is Microsoft, a very reputable company. You paid for 6 months of gold, which you now have, and in a few weeks you will get an email with your codes for your five free games.  Even if your gold subscription was half over, which it won't be, these games are yours to keep, even after the six months is up!  I didn't get the deal, I keep waiting to see if it pops up on my dashboard, but I saw on another forum(slickdeals) that other people say that it said 4-6 weeks for the email.

It'll be worth it! ;-)

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

i also go the deal but i read the fine print and also took a picture of the offer, it did say 4-6 weeks and i guess we just have to wait, i hope this wasnt just a trick by microsoft.. wouldnt think the would do that, just wait a max of 6 weeks and if you get nothing then contact XBOX

• Level   1

I don't believe microsoft is not going to give anyone the codes or are just waiting until a certain point so that you've used half of your subscription before you receive them or anything malicious at all. I am very confused as to why I have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive codes that are electronically generated and distributed. I cannot think of a single view point where a system like this makes sense. Some one please enlighten me so I don't end up making an a** of myself.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I thought of this last night, Microsoft may have to check their records to confirm which players bought the 6 mont live with the 5 games deal, and maybe have them be transferred to a different list by hand to make sure they are sending the games to people who paid for this deal and not another one, idk but that's what I think...

• Level   1

I also signed up for this and received a confirmation email on the 6 months of gold but it never had any confirmation on the 5 games. Did anyone else get a confirmation on the 5 games?