This question is answered

Can't download Borderlands 2 Compatibility Pack

• Level   1

I recently purchased my Xbox Live membership-thing, wanting to buy the Psycho Pack. I've purchased the pack, but when I try to download it, the message "Can't download Psycho Pack". I've tried multiple times, but always get the same result. I looked around to see if someone else had the same problem, and some chap at a forum suggested I download the Compatibility Pack first. I did, only to get the same message! Whenever I try to download it the message "Can't download Compatibility Pack" appears.

I've cleared out the system cache or whatever it's called, I've restarted my Xbox 360, and I've gone to download history and attempted to download it again. Nothing works. I know people have reported a very similar problem, and that most of them managed to fix it by deleting either the first and/or the second Compatibility pack already downloaded, but I don't have that option. I don't have the former Compatibility pack, and since I can't download the second Pack, then I obviously can't delete it.

Is there any way to fix this? If not, then I've wasted over a 100$, and that makes me quite pissed to be honest.

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Clearing the system cache didn't do jack, so I removed the hard drive and put it back. Still didn't work. I removed it again without putting it back in again. Now it finally works. So thanks for the help, much appreciated.

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey Ragdoll! Sorry to hear about the DLC troubles. Do you just get that error message? Is there any sort of error code? Have you had trouble downloading anything in the past? Let us know. Cheers!

• Level   1

There's no error code that I've been able to see. I only get the "Can't download Psycho/Compatibility Pack" message. I haven't tried to download anything else, because I don't want to use more of my points before I can be sure that I actually get something for it.

• Level   S

Hey there Ragdoll! Hmmm, that's a bit of an odd one. I would try clearing your cache 3 times in a row (really, 3 times; here's a guide: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache) then trying to download again.

If that doesn't work, try reseating your hard drive (take it out and put it back in, making sure it fits firmly into place) then try clearing cache and downloading.

Let us know how that works for you, then we'll go from there! ^_^

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Clearing the system cache didn't do jack, so I removed the hard drive and put it back. Still didn't work. I removed it again without putting it back in again. Now it finally works. So thanks for the help, much appreciated.