This question has suggested answer(s)

Purchase of this content is not allowed for child + teen accounts.

• Level   2

Hello! I went on to the Defence Grid game to get it and it told me I couldn't buy it because of the account thing. Why does it happen on a PG game?

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey there Pokemon,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue downloading Defense Grid.

Parent accounts can put varying levels of blocks on content purchases for child accounts. I would talk with the parent account  holder to allow for the download. 

http://support.xbox.com/billing-and-subscriptions/parental-controls/xbox-live-parental-control?icid=furl_familysettings

• Level   2

My parent logged in on the xbox, went in to family options and changed my perms to be allowed to buy things, in 4 hours I will check if I can buy it, if not then I will come back. Also, family controls are off. (One other question, If the parent account gets gold, does it also go onto the "child" accounts?)

• Level   2

Yeah, on PC it is impossible to buy anything, I tried multiple games AND items for the avatars. On the actual xbox I can get to the payment screen (I  haven't bought anything yet).

• Level   S

Hmm, interesting.  Have you been able to purchase other games?  Also, what's the exact error that you see when you try to purchase it?

• Level   2

I can't purchase ANYTHING on the computer side, on the xbox I bought stuff before and it worked fine. The "error" I get is: Sorry

Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts.

• Level   1

Hi the same is happening to me, I'm trying to dowload Defence Gid as it's free at the moment but I keep getting the same message, I'm a teen the game is 12+ but it won't let me purchase it, I get the message (Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts) my dad's updated my details a few days ago so I can buy content but it still wont let me.

• Level   S

Hey there Pokemon,

So am I understanding correctly that you can access and buy stuff on your console, just not on there web? 

@Pogal - Are you trying to download and buy games through the website or on the console when it's giving you that error?

Let us know and we'll work from there! 

• Level   2

Yeah that's it. I can buy and access stuff on the console, but I can't do anything on the pc side of things. I get the "Sorry Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts." error on the pc. However, on the xbox I can play games that I have bought before and make it up to the payment screen.

• Level   S

Hmmmm,

I'm glad you can get your game through the console so you can play. Let's see if we can figure out the PC side.

Couple questions:

Are you trying to download from xbox.com or through Games for Windows LIVE?
    Are you having this issue with any other content or just Defenese Grid?

• Level   2

I was/am downloading from xbox.com. And it's anything, you name it. Avatar items, games. I have tried multiple things.

• Level   S

Hmm, OK.  Let's have whoever controls the Parental account for you sign into the Family Settings on the console and see if they can grant you purchase privileges there- then we'll see if it carries to the website.

• Level   2

I already did that. I got my parent to log in, go to settings, select my account and change my perms to be allowed to buy things. Also, parent controls are set to off.

• Level   S

Hey Pokemon,

It seems like there may be a few things happening here. 

First, this is a "Games for Gold" offer, therefore you must be a Gold member to benefit from the offer. So even if we were to get your permission settings correct, you would be unable to download it for free. 

As for the error message, are you seeing that same parental error message for everything you try and purchase/download? If you could provide a screenshot of that message, that would also help. 

Let us know, and we can go from there. 

• Level   2

Yeah, I get that message for everything I try to buy on the web. Its a white box with "Sorry" at the top, then a paragraph under "purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts" There is an x to close it at the top right corner an ok in a green rectangle in the lower right and at the bottom. 

• Level   1

Same issue here.  I have a Family account meaning I have 4 gold accounts.  I'm the parent and I have 3 children who all have purchasing enabled in the family portal.  All Gold account... No Silver.  I can log in as myself and purchase Defense Grid and Assassins Creed II however I cannot log into xbox.com and purchase anything using their accounts.  They can purchase through the xbox console itself but not xbox.com.  They receive the same error as described above.