This question is answered

error code 80190864 it will not let me upgrade to x box gold every time it comes up with that error code someone help !

• Level   1

Smile

Verified Answer
  • That code means you have some sort of billing violation. Go to billing.microsoft.com to make sure all of your information is correct and up to date and that there are no errors or balances owed on your account. If you can't fix it there, you'll have to call support to have them help you sort it out.

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I just solved this problem today.  When I contacted XBOX support, they merely had me go to the hard drive(System Settings>Memory>Hard Drive) and hit Y.  Then you clear the cache and reboot the 360.  That's what solved it after adding a new card and deleting the old ones on the acct.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Thanks for the help!

• Level   1

This helped a lot thx

• Level   1

I tried what Br02394 said and it still won't work.

• Level   3

StillWaiting41

I tried what Br02394 said and it still won't work.

Try logging into Microsoft Billing and seeing if there is any errors with your account.  https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1324746885&rver=6.1.6195.0&wp=SAPI&wreply=https:%2F%2Fbilling.microsoft.com%2Fdefault.aspx&lc=1033&id=23240

• Level   1

Im legen wait for it......dary

• Level   2

had to users with this issue and the suggested problem didn't work

• Level   2

had them clear cache & log into billing and they experienced the same problem through there xbox &  xbox.com

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Sorry for the bump again but what about having the user update there payment method here

http://ow.ly/9pIsd

• Level   1

I'm having the same BS message, they want us to pay for XBL and they can't fix this stupid error message

(what the %@#& are we paying you for?)

• Level   1

I'm having the same BS message, they want us to pay for XBL and they can't fix this stupid error message

(what the %@#& are we paying you for?)

• Level   1

If anyone has a problem with this i am dealing with a person right now that needs help i suggest taking Br0's answer it is the best way to go, IF you need help what so ever, Talk to me, I will stop at nothing until it's fixed for you guys

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I just fixed this problem today. If you have another credit card (my mom did), remove your old one with the billing violation. Then add your new one, it worked for me.

• Level   1

Solution:

contact support, have them remove any cards involved with previous violations, then do the following:

settings>system>storage>hard drive>profiles>select your profile>delete>delete profile only

settings>system>storage>select hard drive with Y and select clear cache

settings>system>storage>hard drive>system items>marketplace data>delete

press the silver controller button and select the option for download profile. type in the email and password here and click download

Finally, add a new payment method and attempt the purchase again.